Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm trying to become a vegetarian and just found out that animal renet is in many cheeses, however when I try to look up restaurants with vegetarian cheese, it only shows me vegan cheeses. I guess I'm just wondering if most vegetarians still eat cheese even though it contains the animal renet or do many people just not know about it?|||It really frustrates me! I buy vegetarian cheese with non-animal rennet at the supermarket but I'm sure when I go out for dinner or to other people's houses they are not so particular. It drives me nuts. People don't seem to even know what I mean when I ask about it. If you go to actual vegetarian restaurants then it's usually okay, but sometimes I'm sure I've eaten cheese with rennet by accident.|||I think most people do not know about it. When I became vegan I was shocked to learn this, but there are vegetarian and vegan cheeses available. Some vegetarians might eat the cheese with rennet, everyone is different, but I eat vegan cheese, no animal products, there is also rennet free cheese that is vegetarian it is lactose free and rennet free, but still has some milk proteins such as whey and casein. So to answer your question it really depends on the person. I eat no animal products whatsoever, but some vegetarians eat cheese with rennet and some eat rennet free cheese but with milk proteins so since there are so many types of vegetarians out there it really becomes a personal choice.|||There are SO many different kinds of vegetarians with different standards.
Some eat fish, some eat eggs, some are extremely strict about it.
I am a vegetarian, but I eat things like eggs and cheese.
I draw the line at things cooked in actual animal fat.
Many people do not know about it, but it also falls more along the lines of a vegan lifestyle. But like I said before, it all depends on which vegetarian you ask :)|||Rennet isn't in all cheeses, and a lot of companies make non animal rennet cheeses.

I don't like cheese, the texture is horrible. I used to like cottage cheese but that was the only one. The dairy industry is a gross pretence of animal abuse. There's no excuse for it, yet the animals are treated as little more than juice machines. It's disgusting. Imagine a woman being injected with steroids to keep her lactating 24/7 and then chaining her by the neck in a metal cage so small she couldn't turn around. And leaving her like that every day, and attaching sharp hoses to her nipples and sucking the milk out of her body.
And making her stand up the whole time. SHe can't sit down, ever.

If you need cheese, it doesn't just stop at the rennet, it's the actual body fluids that are used too.|||Most people go with their conscience. I'm lactose intolerant, so I do vegan cheese even though I'm a vegetarian and not a vegan. I know some people who aren't vegan and eat cheese, and some who don't. There's not really a rule on this for vegetarians, as many just avoid the muscle tissue and adipose tissue of animals.|||When I'm at home, I make sure not to use any cheeses like parmasan or romano and others that I know most likely have animal enzymes in them. When I'm out ordering something like pizza though, I'm not going to stand there for twenty minutes just to be jerked around because they honestly can't answer "is the cheese vegetarian?".

If I'm personally making my food and I have a choice, then yes I stay away from things with animal-enzymed cheese.|||Not at all.

If the restaurant can't tell me if their cheese dish contains rennet, I'll just get a different dish. As vegetarianism becomes more common, many restaurants are becoming more savvy on the subject, so I imagine soon you'll be able to get the information you need.|||I`m a very recent vegetarian, i just started about 2 weeks ago. i still eat cheese with rennet because im not vegan. Im strict when it comes to some things. but when it comes to cheese, i dont give it up because i love it lol and i still eat some of the by products|||no, dont have to, i eat veggie friendly cheeses, which in the uk there are a resonable amount of
if its vegan, you can eat it, they dont say its veggie and vegan, cos its a givenif its vegan, its also vegie
:-)|||I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, meaning I eat eggs, cheese, and other dairy. I simply want to eliminate meat from my diet; I see no reason to exclude everything else.|||look for kosher cheese. it has no animal renet and there is no dillema and it still tastes good (o:

火车采集器
  • planet hollywood
  • vacation rentals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment