Tuesday, March 6, 2012

every time i am baking and the recipe calls for milk and i want to use soy milk, the ppl in my house get so grossed out and i end up not using it. same goes with vegan cheese - when it is melted it is DELICIOUS. and what is annoying is they won't even TRY it... so ?? anyways! my question is, how come some people get so grossed out about soy milk or vegetarian foods? they aren't bad at all!|||Because theyre afraid of liking it.
Look at it from their view- most people like that get very defensive about meat and how its perfectly okay to eat it, and if they like what you make, it would be like proving them wrong in a way. Like, "hey, theres a perfectly fine alternative, so we could use this and not have the negatives of the dairy industry, but we would have to admit that the alternative is just as good, and we would be going against our stance".|||I think a lot of people want an excuse not to go veg*n.

Also, as a vegan I've learned that vegan cheeses, milks, etc, are NOT meant to be exact replicas of non-vegan foods. A lot of omnivores don't get that. You can't take a swig of soymilk and expect it to taste exactly like cow's milk, that's just not going to happen. The first time I tried vegan cheese, I almost cried because it just *doesn't* taste like cheese. You have to want to eat it for it's own sake and not because it tastes like something non-vegan.|||well soy cheese is scary in most instances... I cant stand it except for teese or follow your heart (vegan gourmet) but thats only sometimes. As for the soy milk in baking... thats just their fear of something different. When my wife started baking with it I was creeped out like is it going to taste nasty?? but because I went vegan I said screw it gonna try it eventually and now I like soy milk. Same story with tofu. So its an emotional thing in my opinion thats all...|||you dont even taste the milk in baked goods, it tastes no different with soy or even RICE milk.
soy is in a lot of foods that aren't vegetarian or vegan, just because its soy MILK should not make any difference|||well im sorta like that but only with fish not soy milk or vegan foods because my cousins are vegan i mean i wont eat vegan cheese alone normal because im picky with what cheese i eat and soy milk i won't drink because i hate any milk unless its chocolate|||I've tried both of those products and they don't even remotely taste like the real thing. The people in your house might be choosing taste over health.|||A lot of products on the market taste like saw dust.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment