Saturday, March 3, 2012

I have some lasagne sheets (they are vegan right? just wheat I think...) but I don't know how to make a lasagne properly. I attempted a veggie one back when I was vegetarian, but I'm vegan now so I can't use dairy cheese. Should I just replace it with vegan cheese or use something else, or just omit it altogether?

I'd prefer a "simple" recipe as the one I tried to make before went wrong/didn't taste good!

Thank you! :)|||here's one I invented:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=29151.鈥?/a>

I've had hardcore meatmouths tell me it was delicious. It's easy to make and soooo good.|||I made one once, BEFORE I became a vegan, but I didn't use a recipe. I took it to work (each day for a week I took in something different I'd cooked the previous night - all vegan and all well-received - I think it was Vegetarian Week or Vegan Week or something like that, maybe 3 years ago). I can't remember exactly what I used, but I had been making vegetarian lasagne for several years before that, so I probably just left out the grated cheese and cottage cheese, or used something else instead of the cheeses. Whatever - it worked out nicely. I must be about due to make some again.

Contrary to another answerer's response, lasagne sheets (at least the ones I buy in the supermarket) don't contain egg, otherwise I would never have eaten lasagne.|||Use cheese made from either soy or tofu if it didn't taste good without it. Btw, why won't you eat dairy like milk and cheese? I dont like cheese at all!.When you think about it it kinda grosses me out b.c its just milk that has gone bad for a real long long time such that bacteria causes it to form solid clumps which we call cheese. Also, did you know that cheese can be made from other things too?. I saw on fear factor where they had to eat maggot cheese which was formed from the poop of maggots. ew!|||http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-lasag鈥?/a>

good luck making it!:)|||Pasta is made using eggs, which is not Vegan. But if your ok with this than....


Traditional Lasagna

Lasanga Of course, traditional lasagna isn't vegan but this version is about as close as you can get and a wonderful dish to serve nonvegan guests. This lasagna can be prepared ahead of time and then refrigerated or frozen until you are ready to cook it. Just be sure to bring it to room temperature before baking or you'll end up with a cold center.

12 ounces lasagna noodles (9 to 12 noodles)
2 (16-ounce) packages firm tofu
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Black pepper to taste
1 (25-ounce) jar or 3 cups homemade marinara sauce
1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
6 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water (I like to do 6 at a time) about 8 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain the noodles and spread them out to keep them from sticking together. In a food processor, blender, or a bowl, mix and mash the tofu, parsley, salt, and pepper together until smooth.

Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Place noodles in pan, overlapping them slightly to cover the bottom. Spread a thin layer of sauce of the noodles. Cover the sauce with half of the tofu mixture. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the parmesan over the tofu. Cover the layer of noodles, then sauce, remaining tofu mixture, and 2 more tablespoons of the parmesan. Place another layer of noodles over the tofu and cheese and cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese and the mozzarella.

Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let the lasagna rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing to set

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment