Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm just curious if there are any vegan-friendly cheeses out there. I've seen Veggie Shreds/Slices, but those still contain milk.

Please post the names and your reviews (flavor, health factor, and meltability). Thanks!|||Vegan Gourmet makes Follow Your Heart. Temptation Soy Dairy makes Teese. There's a European product called Scheese. I've seen stuff called Cheezley (sp) through vegan retailers. There's a company called Dr. Cow that makes nut cheeses, but they're kind of expensive. Some local pizzerias use either FYH or Teese, and I've tried them both but have not been impressed with the texture. I tried making my own pizza with Scheese and hated it (the Scheese smells funny). I haven't tried the others yet, but I'm not a big cheese fan anyway.

I have to say the best vegan cheeses are in sauce form, and you can probably find recipes for vegan "cheese" sauces online or in vegan cookbooks.|||I have seen rice cheese and soy cheese...the soy tastes a little better :) I can't remember the names though|||I heard that going vegan sometimes means giving up on some foods. I still wish to use honey, except that its taken away from bees which isnt a nice thing to do. they work hard! anyway there is soy cheese and tofu. I havent tried soy cheese, I did try tofu and it has no taste, so you need to add something.|||Yes there are, of course there are!

http://www.followyourheart.com/vegangour鈥?/a>

http://www.veganessentials.com/catalog/s鈥?/a>

http://www.veganstore.com/218-------blue鈥?/a>

http://www.vegblog.org/archive/2008/07/1鈥?/a>|||To answer "Slut", do you have ANY idea of how cows are constantly kept pregnant and aborted to supply milk and how cheese has been made for hundreds of years?

A fake cheese would be nice to people who actually care.

|||I guess I am kind of confused on this veggie thing.

Why would cheese have to be fake?
You get milk from a cow naturally.
You make cheese from this milk.
You don't have to kill the cow to get the milk to make the cheese.

So why would milk, cheese and dairy products be considered off of a veggies menu?|||Trouble is with the Tofu based cheese is they use whey powder and casein a milk sugar, so no veggie cheese is suitable for most vegan, even the tofu cream cheese products have thickeners and gums to hold them together, try using plain old tofu the extra firm grated like cheese on salads, veggie pizza, I have eaten in Vegan Raw restaurants and that is what they use in place of the tofu cheese product for strict vegan diets.|||You can find Vegan Cheese in the produce section of most grocery stores. It's in the same case as the Tofu and Smart Dogs (soy hot dogs).

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment