Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm a vegetarian, but I wish to stop eating real cheese. My mom has started getting farm eggs from her friend. She raises a few chickens as pets. There are no roosters, so we know the eggs are never fertilized. So, once a week we're allowed to go get a dozen eggs. :) I'm also trying to transition to skim milk. I'm only making my own cookies and desserts at home now too, instead of buying them from the store.

So, now that I've got milk and eggs out of the way, I need help with cheese. It's a pretty big party of my diet. I mean, I don't eat a lot of it, but I have it at least every other day. I like to make veggie pizza some nights. Are there any alternatives to cheese? Like, is there vegan cheese? I don't have any organic grocery store nearby. We shop at the Walmart supermarket, so... If you know they sell it there, that would be great. :)

Thanks!|||nononono don't get soy cheese; it contains milk protein. Don't get that!
Daiya cheese is -amazing-. I love it. I like it better than regular cheese. And don't use too much of it either or else it's kinda weird... but it's kinda expensive so not having to use a lot is good XD

But really, try to get Daiya cheese. It melts really easily and I got a bad of shredded mozzarella for about $5.|||You won't find it at Wal*Mart, but you should find out if your local health food store has nutritional yeast. It's delicious in recipes and has great nutrients.

Daiya - Whole Foods
Teese - Whole Foods

Honestly, you won't find much at Wal*Mart. The only vegan "cheese" they might have would be the Galaxy Nutritional Foods "Rice" cheese or "Vegan" cheese. If it doesn't say that on it, it's not vegan. They carry fake cheeses but it contains casein - a milk protein.|||Is yogurt out of the question? Greek yogurt can be a pretty decent substitute.

Also, no need to feel bad about getting some milk fat in moderation. It contains a trans-fatty acid (CLA, I think it's called) that actually seems to be beneficial at high enough doses.|||I can't touch faux cheese unless it's daiya.
But I believe that's at wholefoods.

D;|||There is soy cheese. I'm not sure if they sell it at wal鈥art or not. I've seen it in a few grocery stores, although.
You can also get cashews, put them in a blender, then fill it with water until he water is at the EXACT same level as the nuts. Then, blend until you get a thick mixture. Scoop the mixture out on to a paper towel (2 paper towels to make one, full sheet), the towel in a bowl. Wrap the cheese mixture in the towel in the bowl. Then put a plate over the bowl, and a heavy jar or big water filled glass over the plate. Set it in a warm area over the fire place for 24 hours. Wella! Creamy cheese :). Leave it out longer for really thick cheese. And triple or quadruple the layers of paper towels.

火车采集器
  • harry potter games online
  • national tire and battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment