Saturday, March 3, 2012

I love cheese, and I feel like a failure. Please, ANY good vegan cheese? homemade or store bought? I hate daiya. But honestly, I love all other vegan things.
Also, what are some good complete proteins? And good foods to put together to make a complete protein? also, any thing else you could tell me would be great! Low cal options would be nice too!
I can't believe I'm asking this after four years of vegetarianism, I should've asked years earlier.

One more thing, I'm a fairly good cook. If that means anything. I also love tofu...

thanks so much!|||You are a disgrace to veganity! CHEESE IS THE VEGAN'S DEVIL!! I know you are tempted by the glorious seduction of cheese but do not trust it! It will betray you! Eating cheese may seem like a good idea, but you will lose your vegan powers! RESIST the temptation!!|||Have you tried nutritional yeast? It would be worth it for you to see if you like it. Then, please try this recipe for vegan lasagna. I was such a cheese lover until I tried this recipe. Hope you like it!

It's called mushroom and spinach lasagna, but you can substitute any vegetables you like. My daughter does not like mushrooms, so I used zucchini instead. Recipes like this are very flexible.
--------------------------------------鈥?br> http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/03/my-鈥?/a>
Easy Vegan Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
Recipes for vegan lasagna abound, and I鈥檓 sure you can find fancier, richer tasting versions, but for sheer easiness of preparation and basic yumminess, this one can鈥檛 be beat. You don鈥檛 need to pre-cook the lasagna noodles, and you can make it super-easy by using jarred spaghetti sauce.|||almond cheese is good, and I do like soycheese, but then I'm not huge on cheese. I find it disgusting in most cases.
Chickpeas and miso paste, with sesame noodles. Loverly.|||Daiya cheese for the win. You should give it a try.|||Just make your own rules. Eat what you want. You like cheese eat cheese what is it with you people?|||eat what YOU want. who carse what anyone else thinks.|||As far as the cheese goes.. I liked the *Follow Your Heart* mozzarella, tasted nice to me.

Complete Proteins - Grains & Legumes
Soy is also considered a complete protein on its own containing all essential amino acids.
Lentils cooked with some Himalayan salt and ground pepper is delicious.
Tofu that has been cubed, and baked with Tamari is delicious.
Ezekiel cereal is pretty good - sprouted and complete protein.

Ohhh.. also if you like miso soup, I get the hearty brown rice miso that has been fermented in them cedar caskets for 3 years! mm.. But anyway.. I make a really good miso soup.. I boil the water, chop up some kale, jerusalem artichoke, and burdock root, slice them up into thin slices, and chop up the kale. Throw the Burdock root and the artichoke in while it's boiling, then turn the heat off. Then add the chopped up kale, waiting for it to cool off a little bit more before you add the miso (NEVER BOIL MISO, you kill all the good enzymes and bacteria). Then I usually put in 2-3 tablespoons of miso with 2 tablespoons of almond butter. Sounds like a weird combination -- but it's a match in heaven. You can also but cubed tofu in it as well, tastes great. Change the ingredients according to your taste.|||There really isn't any perfect vegan substitute for cheese. We just simply can't recreate the flavor. The best substitute I have found is Dr. Cow nut cheese http://www.dr-cow.com/products/

If you just keep at it, and continually strengthen and renew your conviction by continually exposing yourself to the reasons against eating dairy (the links I posted below will help) eventually you will be disgusted by dairy and it won't appeal to you anymore. Animal cruelty isn't the only reason to avoid dairy, its also very harmful to your body.

To me, the thought of consuming the milk of any animal is pretty gross. Would you drink human breastmilk by the glass? If that sounds gross, its that much more gross to drink the milk from the breast of another species. Yuck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment