Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm eating with my non-vegan extended family tomorrow and I need a good recipe. I'll have time to make something in the morning, but not something too extravagant. The more common the ingredients the better. Please people, keep the tofu to a minimum. No broccoli, peppers, cucumbers, or celery please. I doubt that anyone would use these for Easter, but I don't have cardamom or coriander. And don't center the recipe around cheese, as I have yet to find a vegan cheese that I like. Thanks!|||My stepmother-in-law is vegan and she makes a dish with Quinoa, avacado, tomatoes, palm hearts, spices and some oil.

It is really good.

Sorry I don't have a full on recipe for you. You could substitute the quinoa for another grain if you like.|||Russ Parsons, who is a food writer for the Los Angeles Times just did an article on making a meal of asparagus. He likes the big fat spears, that can be roasted or steamed and drizzled with some good extra virgin olive oil, a little coarse salt and a squeeze of lemon.

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/|||I'll give you some ideas and you can look up recipes for any that interest you:

Bean salads like cannelloni beans with onion, olive oil and red wine vinegar, mexican bean salad, chickpea salad, 3 bean salad

raw vegetable and pita chip platter with hummus dip

a baby spinach and strawberry salad

hot or cold grain dish with rice or barley or bulgar--maybe use some lovely swiss chard

Sweet potatoes baked with fresh orange juice, vegan spread, agave nectar and pecans

grilled leeks or fennel with a balsamic vinegar reduction

Spinach sauteed with raisins and pine nuts

asparagus-- grilled bundles or orange or lemon glazed or sauteed with garlic

gingered carrot coins

so many wonderful options!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment