Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I am having a small 14th birthday party sleepover. All my friends ear meat but I'm vegan and I want all the food to be vegan and I want them to love it!
Does this sound good to you?
Margarita Pizza w tomato slices (and vegan cheese)
Baked potatos w grated carrot, vegan cheese and vegan cream cheese
Hot bagels with vegan cream cheese
Garlic bread (with margarine instead of butter)
Carrots and celery and biscuits with dip like hummus and more vegan dips
Hard taco shells with spiced minced beans and salad filling
And maybe some wraps with similar filling + hummus and a squeeze of lemon
And for desert, fondue: Heaps of different fruits in a fruit salad to dip in rice milk chocolate.

Believe me when I say this, I have not been vegan for very long, and when I tried all the substitute foods like vegan cheese, cream cheese and rice milk chocolate, I could not taste the difference! It was fantastic! I was amazed. Also, I am not like a vegan nazi who wants all my friends to become vegan, I just want us to have a fun night together without all the awkwardnesss of me eating different food to everyone else and them eating all this meat in my face, which makes me feel a little bit sick.|||Margarine ~From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margarine
Nutrition
Saturated fat
The saturated fatty acids in triglycerides have been linked to elevated blood cholesterol levels,[10][11] which in turn has been linked to cardiovascular diseases. Saturated fat increases both LDL and HDL cholesterol.

Vegetable fats can contain anything between 7% and 86% saturated fatty acids. Liquid oils (unhardened canola oil, sunflower oil) tend to be on the low end, while tropical oils (coconut oil, palm kernel oil) and fully hardened (hydrogenated) oils are at the high end of the scale.[12] A margarine blend is a mixture of both types of components, and will rarely exceed 50% saturated fatty acids on fat. Exceptions are some traditional kitchen margarines or products that have to maintain stability under tropical conditions.[13] Generally, firmer margarines contain more saturated fat.

Unsaturated fat
The unsaturated fatty acids decrease LDL cholesterol levels and increase HDL cholesterol levels in the blood, thus reducing the risk of contracting cardiovascular diseases.[15][16][17]

There are two types of unsaturated oils: mono- and poly-unsaturated fats. Their nutritional and health effects are recognized in contrast to saturated fats. Some widely grown vegetable oils, such as rapeseed (and its variant canola), sunflower, safflower, and olive oils contain high amounts of unsaturated fats.[12]*************** During the manufacture of margarine, some of the unsaturated fats may be converted into saturated fats or trans fats in order to give them a higher melting point so that they are solid at room temperatures.******************

###############################

Just thought you might like to know...


ME!


.|||Yeah, that sounds pretty good. You could also make some kind of curry with naan or wraps or something.|||i love fruit and its yum :) sounds alrigt !
dont mention anything about the food being vegan, i wouldnt even notice theres no meat ahah.|||If your weather is cool enough, consider chili as well. The "no meat, no cheese" version is fine for vegans and is a food with which your meat-eating friends will be familiar.|||that doesn't sound like a small birthday party! and yea it all sounds good to me! yum yum|||i would rather have meat.|||Well it all sounds super to me!
I don't have to have it at every meal and that all sounds very filling and satisfying. Especially the bean taco's and the baked potatoes.|||Sounds great! You can even try meatless meatballs- a vegan favorite of mine. Do you have a Trader Joe's store by you? It's a great low price grocery store, carrying all natural, vegetarian & vegan friendly foods.

*I am not vegan, but I enjoy many vegan foods, especially since I have a milk allergy. My favorite cookies in the world are vegan- from ABC (alternative baking company) They also offer information for vegans & their friends. (also not 'vegan nazis') You can order their cookies online- they're awesome!|||Sounds pretty good. How about a nice fresh salsa to go with the tacos?|||I would try those foods on a meat eater, and see how they like it. It doesn't matter if there's no meat on it or if it's vegan. It's about the taste of the food. Like Goat Cheese Mash Potatoes, it sounds great. But when a vegan friend made it for me, it was very yucky. No salt, very soupy.|||Sounds like you have a good varity of food so that everyone will find something they like. you and your friends should have a great time|||It sounds good but maybe you could offer regular dairy products to your friends just out of consideration to their tastes. You may not be able to taste a difference but I know some people might turn up their noses to a "cheese substitute" lol. Also the fondue... there's some other brands that are vegan and DELICIOUS but not made from rice that you could use instead.

If you're worried about your friends not wanting to try vegan options then just don't tell them what is and isn't a vegan substitution and maybe they'll never know... pretty sneaky.|||It all sounds great except the Garlic bread. Don't use margarine, use olive oil instead of butter. Margarine is very bad for you, even the "healthy" ones.|||It's your birthday, I'm sure they'll be happy with whatever you have.

火车采集器
  • bloons tower defense 2
  • nashville restaurants
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment