Saturday, March 3, 2012

I've been able to get mochi (if you're not familiar, it's pounded sweet brown rice, it's sticky when heated) to melt in a baked macaroni dish, as well as put it on "pizza". But I can't get the flavor rich enough. So far I've only added garlic powder and onion powder. I don't like nutritional yeast, I was wondering if there is any unique combination of dried seasonings which mimics cheese?

Also I can't stand the taste of vegan cheese shreds, the mochi works great, it just doesn't really have a flavor at all.
Thanks!|||I think miso or pimientos can help. Here is a nutritional yeast-free recipe that may give you some ideas. http://www.godairyfree.org/Recipes/Cheese-Subs/Cashew-Pimiento-Cheese-Sauce-Vegan-Gluten-Free-Soy-Free.html|||have you tried Daiya? you can order a 5 pound block of it from veganessentials.com and freeze most of it, itll last you ages! (if you HAVENT tried it i suggest buying a smaller size first before you go for the big 5 pound block lol it IS the best vegan cheese sub out there though)|||miso paste. Love it.
Marmite- tangy, salty, a bit sweet and tart.
soysauce with peanut butter is a great flavour, it's very popular in Thailand and Malaysia as a marinade.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment