Friday, February 17, 2012

I've tried Almond Cheese... it's not bad, but it tastes nothing like the real thing. Anyone know of a kind of cheese that tastes as close to real cheese but WITHOUT soy? Much appreciated.|||The very best vegan cheese is called Dr. Cow. It's an aged, artisan, nut cheese and it's fantastic. My favorite is the cashew and hemp.
I served some (with table water crackers) at a cocktail party once. Four people asked me what kind of cheese it was, and where could they get it.
(This is a case of "you get what you pay for." It is rather expensive.)
It's a small operation, and not widely available yet, but you can order it from Pangea.
http://www.veganstore.com/index.html?act鈥?/a>
Also, it looks like it may be available from Amazon soon.|||Uhm, what brand of almond cheese? The only almond cheese I know has casein(a milk fat) in it.

And to answer your question, daiya is soy free.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment