Friday, February 24, 2012

I've been wanting to go vegan for a while now, but I love dairy!
I'm considering going vegan for the health benefits. I don't mind soy milk and I know there is vegan cheese, however i hear there is a high calorie count and a high fat content in these vegan cheeses. Is there any way around this?|||I too was a BIG cheese eater, I had been a vegetarian since birth, but could not find the strength to give up cheese.

Although recently that all changed, I took the plunge, and am now completely vegan, I can say with much conviction, that the health benefits I am getting, far outweigh the taste of cheese... It took about a week before I stopped missing it, and I shall not look back!|||For the most part vegan cheese has no more fat and calories than regular cheese. You may be able to find some low fat varieties though they probably wouldn't taste that good.


FYI: A lot of people say they LOVE dairy. What you may not know is dairy is literally addictive. The enzymes in milk are there so the calf can bond with it's mother, it may not eat because it's hungry necessarily, but eat because it's addicted to the milk.

I used to love all sorts of cheese (I considered them favourite food) After about a week of being vegan I no longer had any desire for dairy.|||well you can not eat the vegan cheeses simple ...... your taste buds will eventually learn to adapt to your new eating habits it take time of course and rome wasnt built in a day as well as you have to be commited to it 100% and have the will power............soy isnt everything and being vegan isnt hard at all you should really research it and go to sites like :http://vegan.alltop.com/ as well as
http://veggielinks.com/linkexchange.html these should help you out|||If loving dairy makes you stop, then i don't think you have the commitement at all.
Vegans don't think of themselves as much as you obviously do.|||Hi. Vegan 'cheese' and 'milk' are lower in fat than dairy products in general.

Just make some comparisons between the vegan products, which are quite easy to find online and the dairy products you have in your house.

I sell quite a lot of dairy free cheese alternatives on one of my websites, so you can see what they are like via the link below. follow the 'more >>' link to see the nutritional information.

Vegan cheese are different in some ways, they do not contain casein, which is the protein that calves get from the milk to grow. Casein is also what makes cheese stringy, like in those pizza adverts where there are long strings of cheese when a slice is removed. It is also what makes cheese go brown and crispy when you bake or grill it. So vegan cheeses will not act like this.

You can still get vegan cheese that melts and is good for cheese sauces, or in sandwiches etc. Ultimately, vegan chees is not dairy cheese, so theres not much point compaing them, just try them all and enjoy them for what they are.

I hope that helps.|||I used to love dairy too. I loved cheese pizza, I love eating cheese as a snack. I would sometimes add some pasta to a plate of powdered cheese. I was crazy for cheese, and the craziest thing about my cheese addiction was that I had a very severe cheese allergy. All along I thought I just had sinusitis and severe digestive issues.

Eventually, I gave up the cheese and went vegan and my sinus problem cleared up and so did my digestive problem. I then decided to eat cheese after a couple of weeks to see if it really was the problem, and I couldn't breath and I had a ton of gas almost immediately. It's not just the lactose that's the problem, but also the casein.

Unfortunately, some vegetarian imitation cheeses add casein and possibly lactose or other milk products. I really do not understand this, since these are the main allergens dairy-sensitive people have trouble with, and why add milk ingredients to a product people buy mainly to avoid dairy? At least vegan cheese has no milk ingredients.

The health benefits of not eating dairy(although I do eat eggs so I am not a vegan) more than overcompensate for the taste of cheese.|||If you are really wanting to do away with dairy, then I would suggest totally doing away with it. The taste of the vegan 'cheese' products is nasty and not going to taste similar to what you are craving. Just best to address the issue and cut it out.

Maybe later on you can see if you like it after you no longer are doing dairy for a time the taste will be better. I didn't find it to be so, but have heard of others that claimed such was so.|||Vegan cheese tastes like chalk mixed with clay SO DONT EAT IT

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment