Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hi. I'm a vegan. I'm going to be making a vegan pizza for my family in New Orleans next weekend, and I'm not quite sure what type of cheese I should use. I was thinking about Daiya or Lisanatti cheese, but I'm not sure.

I've been reading reviews on the web about Daiya cheese and so far all of them have been positive, except for this one article. It said that alot of vegans like Daiya, but there's atleast a 99% chance that non-vegans wouldn't like it.
I read another review mentioning Lisanatti. The critic said it didn't really taste that good and wasn't close enough to real cheese.

I talked to my little brother (he's also a vegan) he said he doesn't like the Daiya cheese, but he likes Lisanatti.

My mom said Daiya is the best vegan cheese she ever tasted.

I like to cook and I really want to impress my family in New Orleans, and i don't know what to do.

I've tried both Daiya and Lisanatti cheese, and I like them both, but I don't know what my family will like.

Can you guys please help me out?|||I have no idea what Lisanatti.so I can't give my opinion on that, but I feed Daiya to my family all the time on pizza and they love it. They are hard core meat eaters.

The other one I used to use is Follow Your Heart, but you have to use a lot of it AND stick it right under the broiler to get it to melt. - But I'd definitely go with the daiya.

If you want to be safe and not turn them off from the idea of vegan eating, maybe you should try cooking them another dish!|||I've never found a vegan cheese that tastes like I remember milk cheese tasting. So now when I make pizza, I cover it with marinara sauce, spinach, artichokes, olives, roasted red peppers and mushrooms. With so much going on, I don't miss the cheese at all.

If you must put something cheese-ish on there, try Parma. It's made from walnuts and tastes really good. I sprinkle it on my popcorn.|||OMG Daiya is THE best vegan cheese ever!! I use it all the time, and sometimes feel a bit addicted :) It melts and stretches like dairy cheese but without the cruelty!

I melt it on nachos, I make grilled "cheese" with it, and I make vegan pita pizzas with whole grain pitas, regular old spaghetti sauce, and Yves meatless pepperoni.|||Vegan cheese is a disaster. Make a non-cheese one- with lots of peppers, onions, olives, spinach, etc.!|||Cheezly!

http://store.veganessentials.com/cheezly鈥?/a>



My mom and brother(non-vegan) as well as me(vegan) adore it!

And Lisanatti is not vegan(casein)|||I trick my family all the time with Daiya, they still don't know it's not cheese! I love it!!!!|||I've never heard of Lisanatti cheese.
When I would make vegan pizza, I would use veganrella, because it was the only kind I could find. Only my husband is vegan, but the rest of us found the pizza edible, if not tasty. The kids love it, at least. Then my friend recommended Daiya cheese because our local grocery store started carrying. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Sooooooo yummy, and melty! I add seasonings before I bake it, like garlic salt and italian seasonings and it turns out so good! I strongly recommend the Daiya cheese. Of course, no vegan cheese is going to taste like real cheese, but there's nothing you can do about that. Hopefully your family is open-minded and they'll find that even if it doesn't taste like the pizza they're used to, they'll find it tastes good on its own!

(Also, I recommend Yves pepperonis.)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment