Friday, February 24, 2012

I've been a vegetarian for a long time now, but would like to go vegan. I'm just having a hard time giving up cheese. I've been able to go with out all other dairy products, but cheese seems to be my weakness! I didn't have any problems giving up meat... I just quit eating it and never looked back. Any suggestions? I live in a very small community where it is very hard to find vegan cheese products... so I can't substitute it with that...|||Trust me, you are not alone. Most vegans I know had the hardest time giving up the cheese- and I am not an exception. I tried going vegan a few times before actually sticking with it so don't feel like this isn't unusual.

I will tell you one thing- once you stick to a cheese-less diet, you won't miss it. Sure, you'll remember the taste but the longer you go, the easier it gets- I promise. Not only that, but these days when I see a commercial for, say, pizza? It truly grosses me out.

As for vegan cheeses, they're really not worth it anyway. Most of them are just as fattening as real cheese and lots of them are made of the oh-so-awful palm oil (research it).

Also, cheese actually CAN be addicting- I've enclosed an article for you.|||In 1981, scientists found a substance in dairy products that turned out to be morphine. Enzymes that produce opiates are produced by the liver, and traces of morphine pass into the bloodstream and end up in milk. The opiates become more concentrated during the cheese making process.

Researchers surmised that this was a survival mechanism- a natural addiction- in order to ensure that offspring consume ample nutrition.|||How about going vegan except for continuing to eat cheese? There are "vegetarians" who eat eggs or fish or chcken, so why not a "vegan" who eats cheese? They have all these different words for vegetarians, depending on what they do eat, most of which are Latin-based (like ovo-lacto-vegetarian, and so on.) Find out the Latin word for cheese and make up your own term. "I'm a _____-vegan."|||I am the same way. I can't find any vegan cheeses or something similar that I like so it is hard to give it up. I do not eat eggs except once in a great awhile and they are always the eggs from one of my friend's chickens.

I wish I had a solution for you. But good luck. I hope to get out of liking the taste of cheese or something|||Cheese is just so good, It's hard. What I do is I buy a block and only eat very little amount. But to me very little is about half the block of cheese. So each time i just serve myself less and less. now I could go up to two weeks with out even trying it.|||I know how you feel i couldn't live without my pizza

DANG!!! according to Jen I'm a dairy junky :-(|||Just remember that cheese is made with enzymes.That is stuff from a baby cow's stomach.|||Cheese is good food. You don't have to consume much. Enjoy in moderation! Like every thing else in life.|||Go eat some steak and be cured of your filthy disease.

火车采集器
  • the game of life online
  • dashi
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment