Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I decided a few weeks ago but I have a major sweet tooth, I've been eating a lot of fruit to kill off the cravings, but when I'm out in public, people like to offer me pastries and chocolate and a lot of animal products.
Also I live with my father and he's omnivorous, and he always has really good dips and garbage and I tend to resist but I'll have some of it because, I'm just a weakling haha.
Also, no, I can't tell him to not give it to me because he's against veganism, so I've never told him.
I can resist meat just fine, it's very easy, and I hate to have dairy/eggs straight but it's the pastries and sometimes cheese etc.

I can't really afford the vegan cheese and vegan chocolate cookies, I also don't want those things because I would much rather have a healthy unprocessed diet.
I just need some motivation to completely resist dairy, no matter what, just like I resist meat no matter what.

Thank you.|||If someone offers me something that looks delicious, and/or I start having a craving for that thing, I just make a vegan version of it. I don't buy them processed at the store, I just make them myself. There are very few things that can't be made vegan.
As for what to tell them, just tell them you're cutting back on the pastries/dips/etc. It'd be understandable since many people cut back on things like that without actually going vegan so it's not like they'd have any reason to question you.|||Sounds like you'd be better off sticking to being a vegetarian right now. When you loose all the desire and cravings then you can start to eliminate dairy. It's better (from what I've heard because I'm not vegan) to go in slowly and educated.|||I am a vegetarian specifically a lacto-vegetarian and I suggest staring from being a vegetarian and not starting off vegan it would be much easier that way.|||There must be a reason that you have transitioned to a vegan diet. When you feel the urge to eat something that has eggs, cheese, etc. simply remind yourself of why you have chosen the lifestyle.

Also, if you are in the early transitions of diet, then it is very normal to feel cravings. It generally takes about a month to make a lasting change in any behavior.

I know that you do not want to buy vegan snacks, but they may help with the cravings. If you know there is an alternative to what you want, you will probably not crave the real thing so much. For example, I have vegan doughnuts(as I have an intolerance to milk). I know they are there if I want one, but that does not mean I want one all the time. I eat one every couple of weeks at the most. A box of 6 lasts for months. $6-10 for a vegan snack, stretched over a few months really is not that bad.

Another way to resist cravings is to wait. Most cravings will go away after about 20 min. Do not eat what you see right away. If you are offered the dip, say no thank you and wait 20 min to see if the craving goes away.

You resist eating meat, why is that? Use the same reasoning when it comes to eating eggs, cheese, etc.|||Why not try making vegan sweets ? I have been making this vegan cake and it's really good and really easy.
Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients first. Once the mixture is even, mix in wet ingredients. Continue mixing until you obtain an even batter (no lumps). Pour into a cake pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes. I recommend topping the cake with Chocolate Frosting by Sarah (on the vegweb).

Serves: 12

Preparation time: 15 min
(Got off a website but I always make this) Verry yummy


Also you can look up recipes for cookies and other things.
It's very hard at first but you can do it ((:


Also when I start to feel the urge to cheat I go back and watch Earthlings... It really helps.
You have to be motivated and stubborn. It will never work if you keep giving in. Then your not really vegan...|||i had trouble giving up cheese until i saw MEET YOUR MEAT on youtube and found out old dairy cows = hamburger.
I LOVE cheese but my mindset about it has changed over time. you won't crave pastries if you start looking at them as poison to your body and the result animal suffering - instead of a lovely and delightful snack. try not romanticize the things you are giving up and start looking at them as gross.|||"Just tell me how to motivate myself to resist animal products completely.."

Watch some of the videos of what these creatures are going through. For instance, the latest Mercy for Animals video from the Willet Dairy (http://www.mercyforanimals.org/dairy/).

Every time you're about to partake in consuming one of these things, remember what you saw. Even just a snapshot moment where you watched the calf being dragged away...A snapshot where you see the whites of their eyes...Pick your snapshot. Remember it. Always.|||There's nothing illegal about being a vegan -- unless your family business is a butcher shop! It's not something shameful or a disease...

How to motivate yourself? How about a little SELF-RESPECT or maybe some WILL POWER.

Just DO it, for pity's sake, and stop whining!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment