Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I am strongly considering going vegan. I am already a pescatarian, so fish is the only meat I eat. My main concerns are this:
1. A lot of natural foods are expensive, and I am a fresh-out-of-college-in-the-recession budget girl. Are there certain brands, types of food, etc. that can help me go vegan on a budget?
2. I loooove cheese. Advice on the best vegan cheeses?
3. I live with my boyfriend, who is a meat-and-potatoes guy all the way. Are there any cookbooks or tips that would help me stock our kitchen and cook us meals we can both enjoy (and just let him cook his own meat on the side) rather than having two separate shopping lists and sets of meals entirely?|||Id think about going vegan a bit more before you jump into it. especially if your in debt. organic food is alot more expensive than your average food source. Also remember that alot of the foods your used to have eggs or milk in them such as breads, pastries, pastas. Almost everything we consume has an egg product in it so you have to be careful. I don't know much about vegan cheeses but im sure you can go to a local grocery store and ask for some help with vegan cheeses.
And as for your boyfriend and you, he doesnt have to eat meat every night, so a few nights you two can enjoy none egg pastas, or try making your dinners and have him try them to see what he likes so you can make vegan dinners together. Try going to chapters for vegan cook books they've got everything there. Hope this helps you.|||Do NOT let yourself get too hungry! As vegan products go on sale, try some to see what you might like. Start cooking more and experiment with different spices.|||1.beans, rice, corn and frozen vegetables aren't expensive! so you can stock up on that :D I'm also thinking canned fruit, I know how some of the real fruit can get pricey. just check the label for any strange ingredients when it comes to the canned stuff.
2. I wouldn't know about this since I'm doing my own planning and researching because I want to be vegan too. but I heard that nutritional yeast gives you a nice cheesy flavor if you sprinkle it on food.
3. hmm maybe ask him what foods he likes that are not based on meat? any chilis, soups, noodles, pasta....anything like that. and then just make it vegan friendly.


that's the best I can do :P

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment