Tuesday, February 21, 2012

basically, i'm vegetarian and stopped drinking milk ages ago and would like to change to a vegan diet but i love cheese! i stopped eating meat years ago so no longer crave it or want to eat it, would the same happen if i got the taste of cheese out my system, so to speak. btw, i know u can get vegan cheese, so no need to mention this.|||I know how hard it is to switch from vegetarian to vegan. I was vegetarian for 4 years before I was finally able to become fully vegan after many attempts. It is true that you stop craving cheese after awhile but it takes much much longer than it did with meat. I would say about 2 months before you will totally stop craving cheese. However you never stop craving the convince of cheese (I.E. grabbing a quick slice of pizza) The casein that is in cheese is very addictive. Now after almost a year of being vegan I no longer crave cheese. Also, do not try any of the dairy alternatives until you are totally over cheese. I would wait 2 months of being vegan before you try any of the sour creams, cream cheeses, or cheese this way you wont remember what the real stuff tastes like and won't have anything to compare it to. I know you are fully aware of vegan cheese but i just wanted to mentioned that a new vegan cheese called "daiya" is on the market and it is verrry close to real thing. You can find it at whole foods markets.|||Once I adjusted, I didn't have much of a problem. However, with both of my pregnancies, I did crave it, I just didn't give in. My husband buys cheese for him and our two-year-old daughter from the local meat market that raises their beef as humanely and naturally as possible. They get chicken, cheese and eggs from farms with similar values as theirs. Saturday evening, my husband made whole wheat macaroni and cheese for him and our daughter (there was leftover tomato pasta sauce from earlier in the week so I had macaroni and pasta sauce). I told my husband that that almost sounds good, except I know how expensive the cheese is so I won't have any. (A few months ago, the local Kroger clearanced the the Tofutti cheese, so we stocked up and froze it. I didn't have any out of the freezer.)

Overall, with everything,once I adjusted, the cravings and desires dissipated.|||i'd say yes. i no longer crave it. and i was a huuuge cheese freak too. once in a while i want to have cheese but it's not a craving ... i'd say it's more of a curiosity thing. i'm curious to remember what it tastes like and why i loved it so much back then. but really, it's all a matter of choice. even if the curiosity is really really strong, i choose not to eat the cheese because i know that it is not good for me (in my case it actually causes me to have joint pain, etc.). i remind myself of all the videos i've ever seen about how cruelly animals are treated in those mass production 'farms' and i choose not to support that.|||I was vegan for a year and a half before I started to eat cheese and chocolate again (not together of course). Maybe I didn't wait long enough but I never really stopped craving these two foods. Now I'm a vegetarian but I have been reading a book that is making me think about cutting out the dairy once more. You should read Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer; it will make you never want cheese again.|||Yes, I used to love cheese and actually, our bodies become addicted to cheese and other dairy when we are lactose intolerant. I haven't wanted cheese in years. I didn't even feel the need to try a substitute. I did try one a couple months ago and I still don't crave the substitute.|||it depends... when I tried to go vegan before, I kept craving cheese.. it went on for 6 months, and it didn't stop, so I gave in. (go ahead, give me a thumbs down if you must) Then when I went vegan again, I had 0 cravings :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment