Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Does anyone know any good recipes or websites that list actual vegan/vegetarian foods?

I hate all those 'alternative' type meals- Chilli Non Carne, tofu stir-fry, soya bolognese, veggie fry-up with Fakin' Bacon, veggie sausages, and that god-awful vegan cheese. What's the point in turning vegan if you're just going to eat the same crap but probably worse for you because you have to use so many strange, unnatural-seeming ingredients to supplement the lack of animal by-products?

I want food that was never intended to have dairy or meat products in:)|||here you can find some interesting recipes:
http://www.betterraw.com/search/label/Me鈥?/a>
http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/|||Vegweb.com has a lot of vegan recipes, and you can look specifically for fake meats or cheese, so it is really just as easy to avoid these as well.

I do question why you say no tofu though. It is really just coagulated soy milk, pressed into blocks. It doesn't have any of those artificial flavourings, colour, and etc. that pollute "fake meats." Keep in mind that it originated in ancient China as well--not a factory in the past ten years. It has been used in stir-fries and similar Asian cooking since then. But if you see tofu as something that you do not want to eat, I can respect that.|||Check out some Indian recipes. There's a good site called Manjula's Kitchen. I too really dislike all those fake meat products. I originally stopped eating meat because I didn't like it, so I'm not interested in "meaty" substitutes. Indian food can be a good base to start from (millions of vegetarians over hundreds of generations). They eat lots of pulses and unadulterated vegetables (with a bit of dairy in the form of curd and paneer).|||check out my blog! I use a lot of fake cheese in my foods because I love it, but you can leave it out!

http://uradjective.blogspot.com/

火车采集器
  • happy wheels 2
  • superchips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment