Friday, February 17, 2012

Hi, everyone. I am lactose intolerant and I'm thinking of trying some of the non-dairy shredded "cheese" that is located in the health food section at my local grocery store. In your opinion, which tastes the best? Thanks!|||Well not all non-dairy cheese does not equal vegan, I am not sure if pre-packaged vegan shredded cheese exsist. My favorite vegan cheeses are nutritional yeast cheese sauces, FYH Vegan Gourmet, Teese, VeganRella, Sheese, Chreese, Cheezly, and Tofutti. The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook is also great for vegan cheese recipes!|||vfgh|||I don't think there is one. Stick with tofu|||Almond Cheez tastes pretty good and melts fairly well on a pizza with the help of a little olive oil. When in something, like a quesadilla, or "cheddar" biscuit, it works fine as is.

( I haven't seen any that's pre-shredded, though. )|||If I'm not mistaken , lactose intolerant peoples should be able to eat cheese, as the cheese contains little to no lactose.

“Most cheeses are so low in lactose that they do not present a problem for patients with lactase deficiency,” said Michael D. Levitt, M.D., gastroenterologist at the Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and lead author of a New England Journal of Medicine study on lactose intolerance.

The rest of this article at link below.|||I like Veganrella, both mozza and cheddar flavors. It doesn't taste great by itself, but melted it works for cheese sauce for veggies or macaroni, grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, shredded on pasta, or on pizza.
|||I have tried many of them and most taste pretty bad or don't have the texture of real cheese. Also, they tend to contain a ton of chemical laden ingredients. If anyone has any good suggestions I'd like to know too.|||theres soy cheese, my friend eats it!
its yummy :D|||My favorite type is Follow your heart vegan cheez. But some like vegan-rella better. I love the way Follow your heart melts. Almond and cashew cheez are great too, but they are so very hard to find.

I will leave you some links.

http://vitanetonline.com/Organic-Foods/7…

http://www.imearthkind.com/

http://www.tofutti.ca/|||lactose intolerant CHESSE?

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment