Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My best friend is a vegan and whenever I spend a couple of nights at her house, eating time is my most dreaded time. I feel like whenever she offers me something and I refuse to try it, I'm being rude.
She always jokes with me and says "just because i'm vegan doesn't mean I don't have ish to eat"
I find that a lot of the meat substitutes and just substitutes in general are terrible!
Tofu and tempeh are disgusting too! so is the vegan cheese!

how could she possibly find that tasty?
& i'm not trying to say all vegan food is nasty because it probably isn't but I haven't had a good experience with vegan food yet.|||As a vegan who's never once had tofu, and tempeh,
I think you're confusing
"protein-dense foods sometimes used by vegans and non-vegans alike as animal product analogues"
with
"vegan food".

Or were you under the impression that vegan food = fake meat and fake cheese?|||Make her some fries.
Meat substitute is abad term for potentially good food. FRESH tofu is delicious. It's steaming and feash ilike white bread. With bit of mango salsa or toasted almonds and some raw bread and earth balance. It's good. Also tofu curry is really really fantastic. Try it, she could just be bad at cooking. A toasted peanut butter sandwich with fruit spread and a bowl of roasted chickpeas is wonderful food. Make that and take it over.|||She's probably used to it, find some delicious recipes that are vegan and maybe you can make dinner together! It would be fun and delicious. Some of my favorite recipes are on the cit ohsheglows.com YUM!|||Its simple she got used to it, I'm a vegetarian and I hated veggie burgers at the beginning and now I crave them when I go a few days without them. if you eat more of it its possible you will start to like them|||she probably has an aquired taste to it because she wants to be vegan|||maybe your friend doesnt know how to prepare and serve the meat/dairy substitutes.|||Shes probably use to eating it i guess|||She's used to it. A lot of people are used to eating meat as well, and they can't handle eating healthy vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, beans, etc. If you were to eat uncooked, unseasoned meat, you wouldn't think it taste good because you're adjusted to eating it the way you do. Her food may taste gross to you, but it would probably be the same to her in return if she tried your food. If you're used to eating something, it feels like it's not big deal.


Daisy, quit it with the nonsense already. All I see are pretentious answers and bad links to back up your "facts" on why vegetarianism and vegans are hypocrites and unhealthy. I can point out quite a lot of REAL meat, dairy, and egg recalls that kill any vegetable recalls. You're probably the first to point out that one case of a vegetable recall because you want to make the omnivore diet look good. It's not happening because you're not fooling me. The only reason why you like meat is because you cook it and put spices all over it. It you were to eat it like a real carnivore that is meant to eat meat, you wouldn't like it. Why? They just bite into the neck to kill it, then eat it raw. I'm pretty sure you would never do that, but I'm pretty sure you're as brainwashed, if not more than vegans you seem to crack on all the time.

If you don't like someones diet, then go away and deal with your own diet. I'm pretty sure you have plenty of problems with your diet, health, and you obviously have a hypocrite mindset as well. I don't know why trying to prove vegetarians and vegans wrong is helping you out. It's not.

EDIT: Still, you don't see the hypocrisy with yourself either. Why call us all out for being hypocrites when you are too? You can eat most vegetables (besides potatoes), fruits, nuts, and seeds are all able to be eaten raw by the human body. Sure, I can cook grains, beans, and my vegetables as well, but that is a choice. Why is eating cooked meat your only option though? If you want to make your diet seem natural like most "omnivores" say it is, then why not do it? How come you guys can't hunt down (without tools) and eat an animal (fur, flesh, and organs) without cooking it? You can just plant a garden and pick by hand.|||I guess she's used to it. Some online former vegans now wonder how they ate some vegan food. They now realize how nasty it was, but they were so brainwashed, they claimed it was good. I think when vegans claim all their friends like their food, at least some of their friends are just being polite. Like you?

ADDED: Aphrodite, why am I required to kill and eat my diet raw, while you buy your grains and veggies at the supermarket and cook (or at least sprout) most of them? Again I'll yell "hypocrite". LOL!

ADDED II: EDIT: Nope. I'm no hypocrite. Yes, I can and do eat about everything you eat, plus meat. I know where meat comes from. I don't pretend my diet is bloodless and I don't have any guilt about it. Many veg*ns come on this board and announce their diet doesn't kill animals. It does. Many come on here and announce that they can get everything from plants they can get from animal products. Not true. When they stop doing that. I'll think about going away. Lots of people eat raw meat. Steak tartar is an expensive, popular meal. Susi is quite popular. Cooking meat is a choice, too. My diet is more "natural" than yours because it doesn't require fake supplements like B12. I get B12 in my steak. Why should I hunt down animals when you don't grow your own rice and wheat? Why shouldn't I cook meat when you cook most of your grains and veggies?

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment