Tuesday, February 28, 2012

i know you're not supposed to eat vegan faux meat all that often because it's highly processed & not as healthy. does the same go for vegan cheese.? because i finally found some cheese free of casien & whey.! but how bad is it.?
i'm wondering because i actually loved the taste but i'd like to know the nutritional value of it & eat it more or less often when i know how healthy / unhealthy it is. :]
the brand is daiya, btw.
thanks.!|||You are correct in saying mock meat is not really health food because it is highly processed and contains a lot of sodium and preservatives that are not needed by the body. The same goes for vegan cheese. Cheese is obtained by processing so you never know what went into its making. Why don't you check its ingredients and put them down here so that we can tell you how fine it is?|||Is vegan like a religion? just curious|||It's great that you've found a true vegan cheese that you like! But I'd say vegan cheeses / soy cheeses are also highly processed and should be eaten in moderation as part of a balanced diet. If anything, I'd guess that those cheeses are worse than fake meats.

Sorry, we don't get Daiya in Australia so I can't comment on the nutrition side of things. All our "fake" cheeses are not suitable for vegans because they contain casein (apart from some imported ones) and taste/feel disgusting, so I just generally go without cheese. I am going to try making cashew cheese.|||I'm not vegan and don't want to be. But if I were to place myself in your shoes, I wouldn't want processed food anymore than I'd want it as a carnivore. If I were to become a vegan, I'd explore what vegetables can actually achieve. Make purely vegetable recipes. If I want to be vegan, why would I try to imitate meat or cheese? It seems to defeat the purpose. Is winning converts more important than aspiring to a certain philosophy? I don't think so.
I don't know daiya, but i say stay away from it. There are better methods of exalting vegetables.
If you go from one processed food to another, becoming vegan seems to be ancillary.
I say this respectfully.|||try having baby back ribs they slowly cut in the back of the pig its more healthy then some things if your vegan i wouldn't recommend trying it its made of animals but i don't know if pig counts

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment