Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm not going totally vegan (cheese! icecream! butter! can't live without them, lol) but am thinking about going vegan a few times a week. Can anyone recomend a good cookbook? I'm open to a cookbook which features actual meals, as well as a good vegan baking book.

What did you like about the book you recomend? What do you dislike about it? Thanks so much :)|||1,000 Vegan Recipes. What I like about it, the recipes don't require so many ingredients and has a good number of recipes for almost all occasions. Also, the directions are well put. Veganomicon may be hard to understand with it's directions. What I don't like is that a lot the recipes have cranberries in them. I just don't use cranberries in some. Also, Owlish picked some good ones.|||Veganomicon:
http://www.amazon.com/Veganomicon-Ultima鈥?/a>
Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World (a must have!):
http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Cupcakes-Tak鈥?/a>
The Kind Diet:
http://www.amazon.com/Kind-Diet-Simple-F鈥?/a>

Also, there are very good vegan cheeses, ice cream, and butter.
Cheese brand: Daiya (the best) or Follow Your Heart (also very good)
Ice cream brand: Soy Delicious
Butter brand: Earth Balance
Mayo brand: Follow Your Heart's Veganaise
Soy milk brand: 8th Continent (can be found at Walmart)
All of these can be found at Whole Foods, Trader Joes, or just a local health food store.

I have all of these cookbooks and I've used all of these products, so I highly recommend them. :)|||Collen Patrick-Godreau has some amazing vegan cookbooks. They have appetizers to desserts!! My favourite one of hers is 'Color me Vegan' but all of hers are good. She also has a baking book called 'The joy of vegan baking'. Another REALLY good one is 'The Vegan Planet' by Robin Robertson. There are sooo many good recipes in this book as well as a lot of useful information|||'Fit for Life' by the Diamonds. (Married couple, I always forget their first names.) Most delicious recipes ever. My favorites are the Cauliflower Soup and the salad with the roasted potatoes in it. You'll thank me.|||1,000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson. Holy crap, this book is amazing! Nearly every recipe I've tried has been great. Plus, 1000 recipes? You'll never need another cookbook again.|||Vegan with a Vengeance|||It's not really a cookbook..but this website has a lot of great recipes. yogajournal.com

火车采集器
  • live meeting
  • textfree pinger
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment