Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now and I've just recently thought about becoming a Vegan. I would like some advice from Vegans on where they get their food from-Most of the time I will be able to just cut out cheese and butter but at times I might want to add them to a meal so I'll need Vegan cheese and butter etc. I don't know where to get things like this from. I'm in the UK and shop at Morrisons but haven't seen any Vegan products except for Soya milk (which I already drink) and Soya yogurts. I know Sainsburys does Vegan cheese but the sort I tried tasted horrible.

So Vegans-where do you get your vegan cheese, butter etc. from?

Many thanks|||How I transitioned to Vegan was to get two or three cookbooks. The recipes last for several days. Appetite for Reduction (I bought it for the author, not the title) is great. The recipes I've had have all been excellent. Making your own food is a big part of being a vegan. Whole foods like vegetables, fruits, lentils, any bean you can think of, grains, etc. I live in the States and have a food co-op in my town and Farmer's Markets so I do a LOT of my shopping there. Do you have a whole foods shop where you live or a 'health food store'? I don't know where you live so it may be easier or harder but you can still get everything I buy at Sainsbury. Almond milk. Coconut milk. In the recipe book I have there is a very good 'cheese' recipe. I use oils instead of butter. There is a spread that is used and is vegan friendly but I can't think of it off the top of my head. Vegsource.com is a great free site to find vegan recipes. You really want to steer clear of eating processed vegan food all of the time. Cooking is part of the joy of being vegan. I actually learned to like cooking. Herbs and spices are really a must for flavoring. I use nutritional yeast to add a cheesy texture to soups and pastas. It's also a good source of B12. That's one thing you may want to supplement with liquid supplements but Kale and nutritional yeast are good for B12. You can google search many vegan recipe sites and resources. I've NEVER had a vegan cheese I've liked. Maybe someone else has. Best!|||check here there will be grocery stores listed. i get my vegan products from supermarkets
http://www.happycow.net/europe/england/

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment