Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I've tried tempeh and it was pretty good but I'm looking for other options. I want something that has a "zing" to it the way cheese and sour cream do. I'm aware you can mix tofu with vinegar in a blender to make sour cream substitute, but it just doesn't have the same zing that a fermented product would have.

I know I can buy vegan cheese and sour cream substitutes but they are extremely expensive. I would like to be able to make them myself. Or something to give recipes a bit of zing.|||Sourdough bread..|||Cabbage. Make either sauerkraut or kimchi.|||-Sourdough starter (great for bread, pancakes, biscuits, etc)
-Fermented nut cheese
-plain soy yogurt
-kombucha
-kimchi

You can find these in health food or specialty stores, or you can find recipes through web searches. Personally, I'm a big fan of sourdough starter...it's very versatile and can make lots of foods taste wonderfully tangy!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment