Friday, February 24, 2012

Ok hey guys, right now I'm a vegetarian but I want to have some vegan stuff so can you guys gimme some things you like with the name of it. Also what is the best brand of vegan cheese, i tried it once and it wasn't that good but it could have just been the brand. I wiish I could go full Vegan but my parents wont let me, I can sorta understand since I need protein so how do you guys get yours. NO RUDE COMMENTS PLEASE.|||there is a brand of cheese called Veggie Slices-my fave is cheddar cheese with jalapenos.-i love the brand Boca-they do veggie burgers, chicken patties, ground beef, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, ect..all 100% meet free but you would never tell the difference...|||Read the book "the ethics of eating" vegan-ism is actually very healthy if you do it right. Go to a Dr. Make sure you eat the right amount of everything you need, it is not easy. but very worth while. Just make sure you do it right, or you can get very sick.

Report Abuse

|||Soy cheese is real good but I warn you be very careful because some of these vegan etc. foods are more dangerous to eat. I was fruiterian for year and got very sick.

People jump in to become Vegans and screw up there systems. Some cultures systems develop over generation. Having that white girl skinny look is out of fad today...Everyone going for the thicker look not miss fatty but not looking like the dead. Vegan doesn't mean you'll live longer either hell they die younger then meat eaters-bad genes is bad genes. My grandparents ate pork bacon everyday of theres lives including beef, fowl, very little fish but they ate tones of veggies cooked in pork fat, crackiln cornbread. gallons of Vit. D milk. Well they both died in theres lates 90's and never had cancer or any other health problems-no breast cancer in the family. zero! Everyone says they both died because they got tired of living.

If your genes f@cked up you gotta fight hard and being Vegan might kill you faster or not. Unless your going for that nasty skinny look.|||Why do the vegans always seem so angry? Some dope always says that vegans are not sick and wasted --- heck, it doesn't take a PHD to see that these people look like suvivors of the Batan death march!
OK, I'm done.|||I am a 4 year vegan and have yet to find a cheese i like. LOL. I guess it is due to the fact i have had the real thing. I turned vegan when i was 14, and my mom hated it!! She thought it was a phase. I love Morning Star's veggie ground beef. I use it in almost everything. Morning Star has a list of vegan products on their site. Bocca also has one. I would look at PETA for more information. They are the reason i turned. Feel free to contact me with more questions.|||I am vegetarian and my daughters, 21 & 25 are vegan. There are lots of soy products like pepperoni, sausage and other lunch type meats that are more healthy, low fat, high protein that make good sandwiches. There is taco meat filling that's soy based, too. Seeds, beans and lentils also have lots of protein.

If you use Boca Burgers, make sure that it says "vegan". Some of their products have egg whites.

Go to the natural food market and try things. Read the labels. Try seitan. It is meat substitute developed by the Chinese.

My daughter has used this site:
http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/blogindex.h…
Remember to eat enough healthy fats, too.|||As with anything you are trying to replace, it takes time getting used to things....I have yet to find a cheese that is really good....I just use it melted on things and add spices.
I am really healthy in this life style. My parents tried to stop me but I just couldnt eat meat it made me sick!!!
Proteins are in peanut butter and make sure you have a daily vitamin to take with a meal....things will be fine as long as you know what you need...watch the iron levels...I eat beets for iron and spinach has iron to.
It's a wonderful life....and the person who said vegans are angry that is not true....some of us get defensive because of crude comments at times but I would not stereotype us as angry! : )
Good Luck working this out with your parents.|||It's ridiculous to say that vegans are unhealthy or sick in any way. There's no evidence of any kind that a vegan diet is unhealthy (to the contrary, it can be really good for you), as long as you get enough protein and a regularly balanced diet. You can get plenty of protein from soy mean, tofu, beans and other legumes, etc. I'm not vegan, but I eat a lot of soy meat, etc. Boca is good and so are tofurkey products. They look weird but they taste a lot like turkey! They also make fake sliced turkey, bratwurst and kielbasa, all of which have tons of protein. One thing I don't really like is the cheese. It just doesn't melt quite right, and I really like dairy cheese, so it's something I wouldn't give up. Tofutti makes decent sliced "cheese" and the blocks of fake mozzarella my vegan friends get once in a while are ok. I like soy yoghurt, though, and ice cream too. Good look with whatever kind of diet you choose! And don't worry about the doubters...it's sad and boring that there will always be people who are critical of ideas simply because it's not what they do.|||i knew a lot of Vegetarians and Vegans in South Africa ,the Vegans were a sickly lot ,very unhealthy looking ,thats probably why your parents wont let you.

at least Vegetarians get some protein ,for good health you need a balanced diet ,if you dont want to eat dead animals ,what about flying ants ,grasshoppers or grubs ,lots of protein and very healthy

and oral love can be a cheap and good way of getting protein,this is not meant in a rude way
and your boyfriend will be very happy with your diet.|||You'll have to eat soy products and a lot of nuts for your protein. That's about it.|||I eat soy cheese But'ive forgoten the brand name, and silk soy milk too|||byderule,

Semen contains 1 g of protein per ejaculation. You can get 25 times this protein by eating a half cup of dried lentils.Secondly, if her boyfriend doesn't increase his protein intake, it makes no sense at all. Your advice is consequently, useless.|||A vegan diet is only unhealthy when you let it become unhealthy. I have been an extremely strict vegetarian for 8 years and a vegan for 4 and I have never had health problems because of my diet. A lack of protein never has to become a problem for vegetarians or vegans alike, protein is in much of the food we already eat and if you eat a variety of foods through the span of a day you should easily be able to obtain adequate protein intake. With the addition of thousands of available vegan meat substitutes getting a days worth of protein is simple and delicious! This website: http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm provides a pretty good explanation of that issue. There are a lot of types of “dairy free” cheeses, but not all are vegan, some popular brands, like Veggie Slices and ( I believe) Tofutti, contain casein which is a milk protein byproduct. The best cheese alternative I have found so far is a brand called Vegan Gourmet and can be found here: http://www.imearthkind.com/Main.htm . It taste very much like real cheese and unlike most vegan brands it melts without becoming lumpy or oily. For general vegan products (everything from food to vegan friendly clothes and cleaning supplies) http://www.veganstore.com/ is my favorite places to go, every vegan alterative you could ever need is there. www.vegweb.com is a great places for finding vegan recipes. Silk milk and Boca products are very popular, but just a little fact if you are a vegetarian or vegan for animal rights purposes: Silk (and White Wave) products are owned by Dean Foods, Dean Foods is the parent company of Horizon, a very successful dairy company. Boca products (along with several other un-vegan products) are owned by Philip Morris, a large contributor to animal testing. Best of luck with becoming vegan, the transition is quite simple and extremely rewarding!|||I agree with that guy ^^^^ ...sickly and frail are the right words. If you are willing to throw away your health becoming a vegan, then you need to eat lots of nuts and grains. There is a grain called "Incan Fuel" which the mesoamerican indians used to eat for centuries. It is known for its high protein and low carb content - unusual for a grain. I'd look into it. Good luck though, and be careful.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment