Tuesday, February 21, 2012

So after finding out how horrible animals raised for food are I have decided not to eat meat anymore. (no cow, pig, chicken, fish.. ect)

I feel ok about still eat eggs since my co worker has "pet chickens" (she likes them and the noise they make, as do I. I have always wanted pet chickens they are SO cute I think.) that are free range and wont ever be killed for food. She allows some chicks to hatch every other year or so but doesn't want to get overpopulated with them on her small farm.
-I will never again buy eggs from the grocery store though after seeing how they live and are literally thrown/rammed into their transport cages. :(

I know that milk cows are treated horribly as well and given growth hormones to make their udders and milk production WAY more than is normal/healthy for them, as well as being cruel to their calves.

My question is whether there is such thing as dairy/cheese products out there that do NOT:
#1 treat the mother cow and her calves cruelly (allows babies to stay with mom till weaned)
#2 no hormones for more milk production are given (RBGH free I think they are called, I know that RBGH milk is out there but how about other dairy products)
#3 are free range cows allowed to pasture in normal size herds

I don't see a problem without milk (almost all grocery stores have soy/almond milk now) but I cant find any "vegan cheese" or like products in my small town grocery store. If I buy in bulk and go to a bigger town once a month would i need a separate fridge just for non dairy "dairy" products? Or do some not need refrigeration?

I have found lots of vegan/vegetarian websites so I think I will be good on how and what to make but if you have some favorites feel free to share them!|||I'm not sure of a certain type of milk, but if you have a co-op near your house you could probably find some "cruelty-free" milk there. Co-op's usually specialize in organic, earth friendly, and animal friendly products, so just look there! Good luck and hope I helped :)|||I also hate how they treat animals. And the answer to all these is yes . My family put some research into this and we found a local farm that we got to. Its a small one where all the animals are treaty great and they sell milk and eggs.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment