Friday, February 17, 2012

By best I mean best-tasting, and by vegan I mean containing NO dairy.|||You're in the UK, so you'll easly be able to get Redwood Cheezly cheeses, which are the best by a mile.

They are available in Holland and Barrett and other health food shops.

Morrisons and larger branches of Tesco and Asda stock th cheddar flavour, but not the others.

The melting ones really do melt and aren't a bad substitute.

They have recently brought out a non-soya version.

If you can't find them, or can't find the flavours you want, you can order them online.

http://redwoodfoods.co.uk/index.php?page鈥?/a>|||I would recommend the white cheddar cheese by 'Cheezly' (Redwood), it is absolutely lovely, they do about 4 versions but the fastest selling one is always white cheddar. Also, the range of vegan cheeses by Bute Island Foods called 'Scheese' are also very nice, they have about 5 different ones and they are all really nice, especially on crackers.
When I first became vegan nearly 20 years ago, the cheeses were pretty awful but now there are many to go for and Redwood and Scheese are the best .Try a toasted sandwich with Redwood white cheddar and Redwood Veggie Rashers in it, let me tell you, that is Nirvana On Toast !!

I hope this helps.|||i've only tried tofutti mozzarella but it would be something to get used to. its a soy cheese. i dont think they sell any other kind around here. tofutti is the leading vegan provider where i live.

but my husband an omnivore and a major cheese eater thought it was real mozzarella i put in the quesadillas yesterday so that says something.|||Galaxy Vegan Cheese (www.galaxyfoods.com) is okay, but I've heard really good things about Daiya (www.daiyafoods.com). Be aware of some "vegan" cheeses because they contain casein which is a protein that comes from milk. Good luck, you'll find that you may need one brand of veggie cheese for one thing and another brand for something else, for example I like Galaxy cheese for melting on pizza, but I like rice cheeses for anything else... Enjoy!|||Best-tasting is subjective, but I personally love soy cheese.. (not tofu, but actual soy cheese)..
You can ask for it at your local deli (depending on where you live)..
It has the consistency of dutch edam cheese, but no dairy/animal products.|||Daiya is my favorite and the only brand I've bought since trying it. Teese and Follow Your Heart are second-runners up by my tastebuds, but still leagues behind Daiya.|||Daiya and then Teese. Oh, Follow Your Heart cheese is yummy too!|||I read that daiya is a good cheese. You could probably find this at a typical vegan store|||Daiya cheese, it taste amazing and had no dairy, eggs, casein or soy.|||Daiya is the best! My non-vegan friend thought it was real cheese :)|||I don't know the brands but the rice cheese I get does't melt really good. I think the soy cheese is the best. The block kind can be shredded for pizzas. The problem is that it seems to go fast.|||If there is no dairy in it its not cheese.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment