Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm a college student and last week, we had a guest speaker come and talk to us about veganism. He told us how meat, cheese, milk, and eggs are bad for you and how cutting out those products will reduce your risk of illnesses. Also, by turning vegan, you truly care about animals and you want to make a difference in life. I believe in what he was talking about. I agree that animal products are not healthy for the human body. Humans were not designed to eat meat. I found out that we are actually herbivores. People feel tired after eating animal products and upset stomachs are caused by eating meat, cheese, milk and eggs. Veganism will make you feel better and it's healthier. You are also cutting out cholesterol from your diet. He showed us a slaughterhouse video and it broke my heart watching what they do to animals. They have done nothing to us and don't deserve that. If I was a true animal lover, I wouldn't be eating them. I'm a hypocrite. I do feel guilty about eating animal products, but I have eaten them since I was a kid and I find it hard to give them up because of the taste. I can live without eggs though because I don't like them. The food that would be hardest for me to give up is cheese. I love cheese and milk. I bought some vegan cheese and burgers to try. The cheese tastes horrible. The burgers, not the best in the world, but their not bad. I didn't buy any milk at the store, but I bought rice milk and almond milk to try. They are both very good, but the almond milk is better. I want to make a change, but It's very difficult for me. I was thinking about cutting out one product at the time, or maybe starting out as a vegetarian, then work my way towards becoming a vegan. I don't know how or where to start. I'm tempted by meat, cheese, and milk every day. I love cheesy foods and foods with milk in it. I think the reason why vegan food doesn't taste good to me is because I'm not used to eating it. I'm gonna have to get adjusted to the vegan lifestyle. I can't promise that I'm going to commit to veganism, but I at least have to give it a try and see. Can you give me any advice on where to start? Thanks!|||Did you bother to check the credentials of your "speaker"? He's obviously an idiot. Hope you didn't have to pay to attend his talk.

Humans have been eating meat ever since we got smart enough/fast enough to catch it. They've found animal bones along with human bones as far back in "human" history as scientist have been able to go. And Egyptians consumed milk as long as 10,000 years ago.

For you to suddenly announce that meat and milk are "bad" for humans is past ridiculous. I hope you're not on a scholarship that I'm paying for.....

Now if you want to try and make a case for not eating meat/eggs/dairy because YOU don't like the video you saw, go for it. But don't pretend that humans are not omnivores.|||How bad is cholesterol in eggs? How often should you eat eggs ? Should you be concerned about cholesterol in eggs? Come find out visit www.cholesterolineggs.com

Report Abuse

|||Your body craves animal products, because thats what it has gotten used to. After a few weeks of vegan eating, the cravings will disappear, and you will feel so good, you won't believe it! Give it a chance.|||Hvae you tried soy milk? It's nice. :3
Or try Quorn prouducts. It tastes like meat; but it's not!
Good luck~|||Blah blah blah....IDIOT.|||make a lot of money first veganism is expensive|||i think you have to truly want it and be totally committed, ive tried to be a vegan a few times but i enjoy chocolate which although i dont eat a lot of i still eat sometimes, plus i like milk in my coffee, ive 100% committed to being a vegetarian but even tho i agree on how badly animals are treated and that dairy makes you fat and has much cholesterol i just dont have the full commitment to give up milk in my drink and the occasional bit of choc.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment