Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm looking for a good vegan cheese recipe, but a lot of them call for cashews which I don't have at the moment. Do you think I could substitute them for almonds, and have them still come out okay?

I also have peanuts and walnuts in store, so if those would work better let me know!|||Totally, you can always substitute a nut for a nut. In fact Almond are better for you, and have better flavor for sure. Just make sure you get the texture right and you will be fine. No worrie. Cashews in dessert kinda fatty and dry, I would definitely go with Almonds or some Macadamia Nuts!

I think Walnut and cheese is my fav. A blend of almond and walnut would rock. No peanut.|||I'd say the almonds should work alright, not walnuts as it would make too different of a taste. You might also be okay with the peanuts but make sure they're not salted or pre-roasted or anything other than natural. (for any of the nuts I'd say)|||For cashews, almonds would work fine. You could also really use any kind of nut, but the almond would be your best bet. You want something close in taste, and a peanut is a little more different. I think the almond is a good choice.|||You can substitute the almonds or walnuts but the taste will be different of course.|||Yes, almonds sound like a good substitute for cashews since they are both very oily and mild in flavour. (Peanuts might do too but walnuts are quite strong tasting).

Best thing to do is experiment.

Have fun|||you can use any nut that you wish it will change the taste a bit but so what! I love to use pecans instead of walnuts.|||I would use the almonds.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment