Friday, February 24, 2012

My opinion/experience:

Dr. Cow: way too expensive, small portions and you can easily make nut cheese at home

Daiya: Great for any melting recipes and if you are avoiding soy. It's made mostly of tapioca so it has a bit of a sweet aftertaste.

Vegan Gourmet: Good both hot and cold and also great on pizza although it doesn't melt quite as well as daiya (you may have to broil a bit). Super high in fat.

Vegan rice slices: these are okay but better than nothing if you want a sliced cheese on your sandwich.

I would recommend making some of your own nut cheeses (look up recipes online). Nut cheeses are a cinch to make and you don't need to use soy (which a lot of vegans go overboard on).

As for ice cream, I love the coconut ice creams by Purely Decadent. Hemp Bliss also makes delicious hemp ice creams.

Margarine substitute: Earth balance. Both in soy and non-soy varieties. Very yummy!|||I've only tampered with vegan cheeses, and I haven't found any that are too great. I know there have got to be some, but I'd probably vouch for the ones you make yourself. The best vegan cheese pizza I've found is this: http://www.amys.com/products/product-det鈥?/a> (though their no-cheese pizza is even better!)

As for margarine, I use Earth Balance: http://www.earthbalancenatural.com/#/pro鈥?/a> They make a wide variety of products, so you can find the one that suits you best.

My favorite ice cream, vegan or not: http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/p鈥?/a>

It's expensive, but delicious enough to be worth it. If you really can't afford it, make your own ice cream using frozen bananas. Add in anything you want for flavor, or just use bananas. http://www.dailyunadventuresincooking.co鈥?/a>|||The best vegan cheese by far is Daiya! It melts beautifully & tastes more like cheese. It doesn't have that overwhelming beany taste because it's not made of soy. They make cheddar (I use for mac & cheese), mozzarella (great for pizza) and pepperjack (awesome for quesadillas & nachos!)

Ice cream: Soy Dream, Almond Dream, Rice Dream are the best

Margarine: EARTH BALANCE!!! It's my staple. It's all natural, nonhydrogrenated (no transfat)|||The best cheese (by far) is Dr. Cow. It isn't just good for vegan cheese, it's good CHEESE!
It isn't widely available yet, but you can see if they have it in your area, or order online http://www.dr-cow.com/where-to-buy/
The best ice cream is Turtle Mountain's Purely Decadent Coconut Milk Ice Cream. (Mocha Almond Fudge and Cookie Dough are my favorites.)
For margarine, Earth Balance and Willow Run are both good, and easy to find.|||Daiya makes a great shredded 'cheese'. It can be found at most kroger stores in the natures market section.
I like turtle mountain peanut butter zig zag non dairy frozen dessert. Also found at kroger.
smart balance light, blue bonnet light, and earth balance are the easiest margarines to find.|||I've never used any vegan cheeses but I've heard great things about Dr. Cow and Daiya.

Margarine: Earth Balance or Smart Balance Lite, but the smart balance doesn't melt the right way.

Ice cream: I love Tofutti, but I've heard great things about coconut-based ice creams.|||Daiya is great, in several flavors, even melts - Margarine_ Earth Balance is very good.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment