Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ok, so here we go....

About 6 months ago I saw a video online called "Meet your Meat". It was an old, but still very current video about how animals are raised and slaughtered for food, or raised and used for egg and milk production. I was absolutely disgusted. I'm a big meat eater, and I looove milk, but after seeing that, I looked up a dozen more videos on Youtube showing the more current treatment of animals for slaughter. I also researched what the FDA approves for meat standards. Frankly, animals with cancer, wounds, infections and such being use to feed my belly is not appealing to me. I no longer wish to take part in the market that provides me steaks, or wings from an animal with cancer or any other such diseases.

I tried going Vegan, no meat, or even animal products. I found it very enjoyable. It was rather difficult for an avid meat eater like me to find full meals I could make, but none the less I enjoyed what I did manage to eat. My problem was I was only eating a lot of veggies, nuts, fruits, ect. I also found eating no animal products meant buying more veggies and fruits and such which increased my monthly food bills.

After a week or two of happily munching on Vegan foods, I found myself to be lightheaded, dizzy, a little confused and not able to think clearly. I got concerned about the lack of protein in my diet, but could not figure out how to get it, and so I gave up. As soon as I started eating meat, a day later I was feeling much better.

Now, I know there are proteins humans need to survive, and that meat offers all of them, but there are beans and many other none animal products that contain these proteins. I just wanted to know if anyone could help me by suggesting to me these food items and also any further information on how to eat better on a vegan diet.

Another reason that fuels my desire to figure out how to eat vegan for life is due to my weight. Im about 110lb overweight and this weight is based on me eating tons of steak, burgers, jerky, bacon, milk and egg products and did I mention jerky? :) I certainly didn't get fat off Asparagus. Yum! :P

I know not everyone likes eating Vegan, and everyone has a right to eat whatever they want. I'm not here to say vegan is the way to go or anything like that. I just feel it is the best choice for me. It will better reflect my love for animals, my demand for good quality foods, and help me be healthier.

I shop at Meijer and Walmart for food and its almost impossibly to find vegan stuff there. When I find the vegan cheese or meat patties for burgers they have egg or milk in them. So much for being vegan foods!!!! So a suggestion for what kinds of stores to shop at too would be much appreciated.

I hope someone can help me. I look forward to being able to continue eating vegan without being lightheaded or confused. lol|||I've been successfully vegan for over 20 years. First, are you supplementing with vitamin B12? You need to supplement with B12 if you're vegan.

You will have an easier time being vegan if you find a natural grocer as opposed to a mainstream supermarket. I've been able to find natural grocers in unlikely places such as Bakersfield, CA and the Texas panhandle. Definitely look for a natural grocer near you. That's where you can find vegan cheese or vegan burgers. You can also make your own. A good book for vegan cheeses is "The Uncheese Cookbook" by Joanne Stepaniak. It's a good idea to explore vegan recipes and to find some that work for you.

If you're eating beans and greens as a part of your regular diet, you are getting enough protein. Most Americans get far too much protein and suffer health consequences from it.

Meanwhile, give your body a chance to adapt to a vegan diet. You are growing different bowel flora and have different raw ingredients to build your cells. Your body may be confused for a while, but will get used to it.|||cuz ur basically depriving yourself of nutrienrs if u dont know what ur doing
and u have to make all ur own stuff and its a hassle
just be a vegetarian cuz u can still help the environment and animals|||I'm right there with you. I am also overweight, and vegetarian (vegan in training). I'll become vegan soon. What I'm doing is cutting on eating eggs, and drinking less milk. I'm going to buy soy or almond milk from now on. I looked up some local vegan restaurants and grocery stores. And I will be visiting them soon with my mother. And vegan recipes online. And I'm going to buy protein shakes and pills with other important vitamins you get from meat, so you could buy some too. But I guess some shakes and pills still have animal products in them so read the ingredients before buying.
Hope that helped.|||to get calcium-eat plenty of green leafy veggies and soy/almond/rice milk
protein-tofu, nuts, pretty much everything
vitamin b12 (only found in animal products i think)-nutritional yeast and soy milk infused with b12
iron-beans, peas

veggie dogs/burgers also contain some of these, but be careful because some have a TON of sodium

i mostly make lots of stir fries-here is a website for my favorite magazine-so interesting!

good for you for choosing a healthier lifestyle and good luck!|||I was reading up on this fantastic lady who is an awesome nutritionist and was a vegan for 10 years. shes not any longer, however, her diet is mostly vegetarian, with an occasional organic meat every once in a blue moon. She does still eat fish and cage free eggs. anyhow she commented on how she would often feel weak and she feels much better now. For me, as far as animal protein I lived off fish, eggs, and dairy for seven years (very little dairy, mostly yogurt) and combined with all the fruits and veggies I ate I was in phenomenal health. however, knowing your goal you must on a daily basis, eat nuts, beans, or legumes if you cross out all animal proteins. you will wear out fast if you do not and will find yourself eating more carbs than you need. to me personally doing a vegan diet is one of the hardest things to do. try not to be too hard on yourself during this process, maybe you should think about giving in slowly. dramatically changing your diet is difficult and hard on the body and can cause you to go back to your old diet. ease into it... then one day you will find that you are already there and have it all figured out! good luck and thank you for thinking of the beautiful animals out there!|||Hi.

Well I used to be vegan. I dislike milk and eggs and not fond of cheese but have you tried being a vegetarian first?

Yep, your bills go up but only if you need to buy vegan food, organic etc etc which is not necessary.

I go to walmart but I tend to fnid their fruits and veggies expensive *yeah I know it's Walmart* I go to grocery stores and buy the fruits that are packaged and sold for cheaper to make smoothies.

Trader Joes is excellent; tons of veggie items. Try going to veggie farms in your area, if you have any.

You can eat meat but choose local areas, butchers that buy meat from local farms, no hormones etc. Buying meat from the supermarkets like Walmart... you really have no idea where the meat is brought in from or HOW they treat the animals.

This might be a bit jumbled but I am in a rush. Anyways, buy LOCAL eggs too. I love soy milk and rice milk and almond milk with my baking and cereals.

Rice and Beans make up the amino acids you need to build muscle, if you work out *do you?* That is part of a vegan diet too; eating right and being active and healthy.

I was part of the site listed below for almost 4 years. It was amazing, helpful and worth checking out the recipes|||You can try Morning star meat less products in the frozen section at wal-mart or veganise mayo it is great I get that at super one in my town also go to the library and check out vegan books it helps if you can have help cooking :)|||Because we have evolved over millions of years to eat meat

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment