Thursday, February 9, 2012

I like Follow Your Heart brand vegan cheeses, but be careful how you use them. They melt and they taste good, but eating them cold will make you realize the texture is all wrong. However, if you cube them over a casserole or into macaroni and let it melt, it tastes great and it's the perfect, gooey, cheesy texture, but with animals taken out of the equation. :) Sounds good to me.|||There is a brand called "Tofutti" that makes cheese slices that do really melt! soooo yummy in grill cheese sandwich!

also, there is a brand called "Follow your Heart" and they proclaim directly on their label that there cheese melts. - which it does, but it hardens pretty quickly if you don't eat it right away. BUT it's VERY delicious!

call your local health food store to see if they carry these brands. However, I have noticed that Tofutti is being carried in more grocery stores than just the health food ones.

good luck!|||I use Galaxy too (sold where the tofu is; sometimes in the produce refrigerated section). The shredded melts fine in mac & cheese.....and the slices melt too, but will melt much better if they are covered with something (a slice of bread, or even just wax paper- in the microwave). The individually wrapped slices come in American, Cheddar, Cheddar w/jalapenos (my favorite); Pepper Jack; Mozzarella and smoked provolone|||I think Teese is the best vegan mozzarella I've tried. It gets nice and melty on pizza and tastes better to me than Follow Your Heart. You really can't eat it sliced or anything because the texture is not right. The unfortunate thing about Teese is that it's not widely available in stores yet. But you can order online from either Vegan Essentials or Food Fight Grocery.|||I get a brand called "Galaxy" they're called vegetable slices, but come in american, and cheddar flavors for sure, and you can also get it shredded, it melts on my boca burgers within 30 seconds in the microwave|||go to http://www.teesecheese.com/ and click where to buy at the top of the page good luck P.S I am vegan too peta.com is great site for vegans=^..^=|||I have never tasted a vegan cheese that I liked. I think they are all disgusting.

But that's just me. I've just learned to live without cheese.|||Galaxy veggie slices melt well and taste OK melted..but I don't recommend eating them cold.

火车采集器
  • electric car
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment