Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I've been looking for a good vegan cheese for almost 3 years.
Does anyone know a good brand that actually melts and tastes ok?|||I have yet to find a vegan cheese that melts from heat alone, sorry.

I've found that Follow Your Heart's "vegan gourmet" cheese does melt when cubed into a pot of macaroni and stirred for a while. I suspect all vegan cheeses need a little bit of mushing to melt properly. So, lasagna is a bit tough, but mac and cheese is no problem.|||Pure make vegan cheese in slices for veggie burgers etc. There really good and they melt.|||Agree with Matt on Follow Your Heart - it tastes good and does melt, but it needs a little sweet talk. There's also Daiya, which I believe is relatively new on the scene, and it's good and melts pretty easily.

As far as cheese slices, Tofutti's are pretty ace.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment