Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I've been vegetarian for 3 years and I'm trying to become vegan. I used to use Veggie Slices, but they do have a little bit of milk in them. I've tried Tofutti and it didn't taste good at all. The texture was weird too, like limp cardboard. So what's some good vegan "cheese" that tastes good?|||I like "Vegan Gourmet" by Follow-Your-Heart, Earth Island. Here is their website http://www.followyourheart.com/product-f鈥?/a>

I usually buy the Mozzarella flavor - although they do have a cheddar which isn't bad, but I prefer the mozzarella better.

They proudly exclaim "It Melts!" on the label, but i haven't tried that :)

It is 100% vegan, so no dairy at all, no animal products. It is made with tofu, but I can't taste it in there. (and I love fresh tofu)

But - I only find it in small blocks (about the size of sliced cheese, but not sliced) and it is $5 for 10 ounces which I think is a tad on the high side but it may be less in your area.|||Actually Veggietart, they do come in blocks.
http://store.veganessentials.com/daiya-5鈥?/a>

I have tried Daiya shredded and it's pretty good, melted at least. I also like vegan gourmet. I haven't found a vegan cheese that is very good cold yet though. But Daiya would probably be the best from what I've tried.|||The best vegan cheese is Daiya, but it comes in shreds. It's great for any recipe that requires melted cheese, like a grilled "cheese" sandwich. Right now, they don't have it in blocks or slices. You can go to the website for more information.|||go on www.veggiestuff.com they have all the vegan,organic,vegetarian foods. and they also show the prices and calories :)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment