Friday, February 17, 2012

I really love cheese, and mac and cheese. I'm a vegan, and allergic to milk, so I literally can't have mac and cheese. I've seen cheese sauce and mac and cheese recipes online, and they all have onion powder, pepper, and garlic in them. I just want a plain cheese sauce to put on my noodles. Plus, I have stomach problems, and I cannot have garlic, pepper, or onion.

All the vegan recipies I find are so fancy and have so many spices in them. I don't like that stuff, at all. I like PLAIN. Literally, plain. Most nights I have plain tofu and rice. Haha, that plain. Does anyone know a very PLAIN cheese sauce? I mean, very plain. Nothing fancy, just a plain cheese flavour. I have a vegan cheese that I love, but whenever I melt it, it gets warm and gooey then it gets hard and all my noodles and in clumps. Do I have to mix my cheese with something first?|||I HIGHLY recommend Daiya cheese, if you can find it. http://www.daiyafoods.com/, you can make a cheese sauce w/ this cheese, soymilk, non-dairy butter & flour.

This cheese is great because it's not made from soy

BEST EVER|||To make regular cheese sauce I always melt it in milk and butter and that makes a great plain cheese sauce, no spices needed. The problem is vegan cheese use oils and proteins so they don't melt as well and obviously you can't use milk... maybe try using soy milk? I have seen vegan cheese in my local super market (I love the vegan hot dogs!) and they have some specifically for melting so maybe try one of those melted in soy milk. If you melt even regular cheese just on top of a food it tends to turn hard after it cools, when it's melted in milk and it hardens its all bound together, so heating it up again (like leftover mac and cheese) makes it nice and creamy again.

I have never cooked with vegan cheese, so my best advice is to try one that is made for "melting" I know Redwoods is a popular brand for melting. Also do not add butter as vegan cheese usually has oil in it already.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment