Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I looked online and Daiya cheese and Veganaise aren't available at my local Kroger. I doubt my parents will take me to this one special store that sells it about 30 miles from my house. Are there any other replacements that would be at local grocery stores?|||I just bought the Daiya cheese last week and just ate it before I seen this post! It's very good, haven't tried it in pizza yet. I'm not sure what stores are around you, but most stores around here carry Veggie Shreds. I do not get them because they contain casein* but they are labeled vegan. There are also a brand called Tofutti which do not have the casein. There are I believe 3 different types of those.

The Vegenaise tastes a bit better than Nayonnaise in my opinion, but they carry the Nayonnaise other places as well besides Health Food Stores. 30 miles is very long, but I do think it's worth the trip, but then again I totally understand that parents don't want to drive all that way for it! Although I would. :)

Hope this helps..and I hope these are sold near your grocery store. Just check where tofu and other healthy food items are in your grocery store and you may stumble upon other brands I haven't seen! Good luck!|||There are other brands of vegan mayo, but if you can't find Vegenaise, I doubt you'll be able to find any others, since Vegenaise is probably the biggest seller. But I guess it doesn't hurt to check. :) Naysoya & Spectrum both make a vegan mayo, I believe, or at least they used to. Neither are as good as Vegenaise though. You can also look up recipes for mayo. I've never been able to find one that I like, even with tweaking, so that's why I just buy Vegenaise.

I've never been a fan of vegan cheeses, but I've heard Daiya is good though. You might be able to find Tofutti slices or Galaxy brand's rice cheeses. Perhaps Follow Your Heart, too. There are lots of great recipes on vegweb for cheese sauces/spreads. All that I've tried taste so much better than any store bought vegan cheese.

As far as getting to that "special store"...is there a bus route that will get you there? I'm sure your parents would be willing to shell out a couple bucks for bus fare, right? :) Or, is there anything else in the city where the store is that your parents would be interested in? You could make it a day of shopping, or if there's some sights to see/things to do in that city, a nice day trip.|||do you live in the mid-west or something?

it really depends on where you live, what are your local grocery stores?

raileys carries "vegan gourmet" cheese, its amazing, and it melts!

Trader Joes has a good mayonaise, they dont advertize it as being vegan, its just a big jar of mayonaise

Whole Foods carries Miso Mayo- to die for!

you may also consider making your own cheese and mayo, its much cheeper and may not be as hard as you think. try vegweb.com|||you can order them online! you might have to beg your parents to order it for you but its worth it. I order from this company all the time.

http://veganstore.com/vegan-food-items/d鈥?/a>|||Make your own.
There's some simple recipes posted at the link on yahoo.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment