Friday, February 17, 2012

I became vegan a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a good vegan cheese. So far I've tried Follow Your Heart and it tastes ok, but doesn't melt very well, which is the case for most vegan cheeses. Does anybody have any recommendations for a vegan cheese that tastes good and melts relatively well? And some brands advertise themselves as vegan, but actually aren't, like Veggie Slices, which has casein in it. So if anybody knows a really good vegan cheese that is actually vegan, that would be very helpful. :).|||The absolute best melting vegan cheese is Daiya. It tastes great and you can use it for pizza, gratinating, baking, cooking, anything for that matter: http://www.daiyafoods.com/

Daiya cheese is made from cassava root and truly sets itself apart from other vegan cheeses.|||I love Tofutti brand Mazarella cheese. I tried the cheddar too because I used to like cheddar the best before coming vegetarian and transitioning to the vegan lifestyle, but then when I tried this Mazarella Tofutti one that is my favorite vegan cheese. It is good on sandwiches, and also melted. I made pizza with it the other night and it was delicious. It melted better than the other ones I have tried.|||The only vegan cheese I have tried so far that tasted really like cheese (even to my wife, who was quite sceptical on the whole issue) is a Swiss product called No-Moo-Cheese. Don't know if it is available in the US, unfortunately, but it tasted like real Gruyere or Appenzell cheese.

Best regards,
Andy|||Daiya makes the most meltable cheese but it's still not comparable in taste to real cheese. I really liked it at first but recently I'm having a hard time enjoying it. Still, if you're looking for something that melts, that's your best bet. Oh, there is also a cheese called "Cheezly" that you can order online. Here's a link- I haven't tried it but it looks good:http://store.veganessentials.com/cheezly鈥?/a>

And those other cheese don't advertise themselves as vegan- they are simply soy cheeses. A company can't say "vegan" and then have ingredients like casein.|||Teese! I love making mac & teese with it! I just add salt and it's pretty close. It's also good for making pizzas at home, grilled teese and a lot more. I've also used it to make chips & teese and it was pretty good. I suggest using a cheese grater on it for chips and teese for an even distribution.

www.teesecheese.com|||I honestly can't find a vegan cheese i like. I had "Pure soy slices" which in honesty tasted like clay. Apparently a brand called Cheesaly or something is nice. I haven't tried it but apparently it tastes like real cheese. I was always told the best way to make the best vegan substitutes is to make it yourself. You can find loads of recipes online.

Good luck hope I helped :)|||I know in the UK there's a brand called "Pure" who also do Vegan butters. You could try their cheese. Apart from that, maybe you could even try and make some cheese :) It's a pretty straight forward process, and theirs loads of videos on youtube on it :)|||I tried the Veggie Slices made from RICE (read: not soy) and it is Vegan. Didn't taste very good cold, but once heated up (made a grilled cheese lol) it melted all right and tasted good. The only other Vegan cheese I've tried has been homemade with Nutritional Yeast.|||I have never found a good vegan cheese. The texture of them all is nasty to me.
I think, for me, cheese is the one thing that is not good made vegan.|||here are some tofu recipes for making non-dairy cheese at home and a few other tofu non-dairy althernatives.|||I love daiya cheese and it melts really well.|||cracker barrel sharp cheddar, yo|||totally agree with others: Daiya!!! If you can't find it near you, you can buy it online. I got it from Pangea: www.veganstore.com|||This is not just a good vegan cheese, but an AWESOME one: Daiya!!!

It comes in mozzarella and cheddar flavours, and it melts just great! I make vegan pita pizzas all the time with it, along with Yves veggie pepperoni... Just slap a couple of tablespoons of low-sodium spaghetti sauce on a whole-grain pita, with as much veggie pepperoni, and add the Daiya. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes, then you may want to broil it for another minute to make sure the Daiya is all melted.

One of the best things about Daiya? You can freeze it right away, then just take out what you need, and it will last for ages (otherwise you have to eat it in about a week). Just defrost it carefully so that it does not melt in the process.

I also make grilled "cheese" with it - so easy and yummy!

It is a Canadian product but I think it is fairly easy to find in the US. Here in Ottawa, Ontario, it is available in all of the health food stores like Natural Food Pantry and Rainbow Foods. It is also available online! You just need to order from your own country to be allowed to ship it with a cold pack (this is how I got it before it was in stores here in Ottawa).

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment