Friday, February 17, 2012

...???|||I am a former chef and like to use it as it is low in fat, for problems with melting, the problem is it does not have the fat in it like dairy cheese, that is what aids in the melting of the cheese and browning.

To fix this when you grate or use slices just add a bit of veg oil to it rub it on slices and just toss a 1/4 teaspoon into a pile of grated cheese, it worked well for my veggie lasagna and in cooked sauces, I found with right spices and flavours it can make alternative pastas like rice, soya and spelt taste good, most people try to relie on the cheese in the sauces and food items but soya cheese will not give you that creaminess or mouth feel of dairy cheese so you have to play with your dishes and add more flavours to aid in the dishes.|||i use vegan cheese made by "follow your heart". they melt well when cooked in a pot. i've used the nacho flavor on fusilli noodles, and that's a good mac&cheese sub. i grated (they grate well, too) mozzarella on my pizza the other night, but it didn't melt in the oven. i'll have to cook it over the stove first, then pour the 'cheese' onto the pizza next time.|||Follow Your Heart cheese melts and grates really well.. I use it for pizzas, grilled cheese, and quesadillas. You can get it at Whole Foods.

Tofutti soy cheese melts pretty well too. It only comes in slices though.|||there is one kind of vegan "cheese" that does melt. I just can't remember the name of the brand right now. if you google it I'm sure you'll find it.|||No. It's terrible. Sneak the real stuff, nobody cares.|||Not really. I use it because I'm lactose intolerant.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment