Monday, February 6, 2012

Which is the best vegan cheese for melting on toast etc? It's the one thing I really miss because there isn't really a proper alternative to it. Serious answers only please.|||Since you seem to be in the UK you should look up the vegan alternatives from this company:
http://www.redwoodfoods.co.uk/
I've never tried them since I'm on the wrong side of the pond, but if you are in the US try this brand:
http://www.imearthkind.com/Main.htm

Edit:

Something I should have pointed out earlier but didn't (since the link I wanted to give changed<arg>) is that the *best* vegan cheese replacements are the ones you make yourself! The links below are both to the Above Rubies list of really good recipes, use arrowroot to get a stringier cheese. The first (if it works) shows them all together, the second link will make you go one page (and recipe) at a time<g>. Oh, they also have some really good reasons to avoid the animal junk<evil grin>.
http://rubies.articledirectoree.com/inde鈥?/a>
http://rubies.articledirectoree.com/reci鈥?/a>|||You're welcome!

Report Abuse

|||none. iIt won't melt,dammit - not even with a blow torch|||Try this, yummy!

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/412309.html|||'veggie shreds' is a really awesome brand. they make slices as well as shredded cheese, with several different flavors (parmesan, cheddar, something else i think) and it really melts! it has a somewhat higher melting temperature than real cheese, but it's a very good alternative.

also try tofurkey italian sausage... fry it up and throw it on some pasta, DELICIOUS! i'm not even vegan or vegetarian and i eat them anyway because they're so good.|||The brand, Veggie Shreds, contains casein (from cow milk) and is not vegan - at least it wasn't the last time I looked! I'm not sure what they carry in the U.K. but if you can get theat Follow Your Heart vegan gourmet cheese that GreenGhost linked to...OMG it's so good! It is so incredibly melty. I've made nachos, quesadillas, and I use it on pizza and to top chili all the time. Just don't cut off a hunk and try to eat it cold - it's sort of gross. But melted...yum! I also am very fond of Toffuti's sliced American cheese - it has a wonderful flavor. It doesn't melt all that well, but it's delicious. There's one other brand I bought recently that I haven't tried yet, but I'm planning touse it for dinner so if it works out well I'll come back and let you know!|||the only vegan cheese ive actually bought and eaten was from wholefoods, under http://www.galaxyfoods.com/ourbrands/usa鈥?/a>
i had bought the jalapeno flavored one.. it tasted alright bland, but it may taste a lot better melted on toast. dont be intimidated, however, by the lactose thing listed in their ingredients. i emailed the company and they reassured me that it was vegetable-based.|||I wasn't awhere that vegan cheese existed. You really do learn something new everyday. Sorry I was no help and thanks.|||I tend to like roast beer and cheese, cheeseburgers, steak and cheese... actually any MEAT with cheese.

Vegans... what a joke.|||I duno if its vegan but its called Cougar Cheese made in Pullman, Washington.|||the one in my refrigirator!!!|||The animal renet is the problem here.My brother has been vegan for about 30 years now and has given up cheese as it is not possible to get the right stuff where he lives.(NZ) so you may have problems

火车采集器
  • north carolina dmv
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment