Thursday, February 9, 2012

Well I am a vegan who uses vegan cheese..so the above poster..no idea where that idea came from.

Tofutti make sgood sliced vegan cheese. I also enjoy Vegan Gourmet.|||if you mean Soy cheese, its ok. the flavor is nice but it tends not to melt well. Actual Vegans consider cheese or cheese substitutes to be endorsing the use of animal products and very un-vegan :) On that note, I am not a Vegan! But soy cheese is better in salads that grilled cheeses :)|||i dont like fake meats/cheeses/milks. i have turned vegan so i eat as naturally as possible!|||Eh, it's okay. In all honesty, it really depends upon the flavor. I love the american... I'm not too big on the mozerella.|||cheezly moserala on a pizza is great but some like things others do not just try everything and see|||Some are good and some are just sh!t.

Most non-dairy cheeses are not vegan.|||Follow your Heart brand seems to be the only one that comes close to real cheese. It kind of melts and doesn't have trans fats like some other brands. I wouldn't say that I like it though. Fake Parmesan is fine, it's just salty.|||I am a former chef and use alot, and Green_Sea has a point, but as a former chef I have found once you grate or chop the veggie cheese, if you gently toss it in a bit of veg oil it melts better, it will not brown or bubble, as it has not structure in it to do this but as a sauce base in pasta dishes, I make a lasagna with it vegs and rice noodles from an asian store.

In sandwiches like grilled cheese it is better as it steams in the bread, taste wise it is a bit bland, but I have had the Pepper jack sytle and added some additional chilis and abit of garlic for added zip. It can be a hit or miss as each brand has a unique quality to it, so you have to search around for you favs.|||There is no such thing as vegan cheese, true cheese can only be made from the milk of an animal and therefore it can't be vegan.

I have no problems with vegans wanting to eat something that tastes like cheese but why call it vegan cheese.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment