Thursday, February 9, 2012

I think there are , but then I haven't had real cheese for a long time.

Redwoods Cheezly is the best, they make several kinds including ones that melt. No, they don't melt exactly like real cheese, but it's a reasonable substitute.

Tofutti cream cheese is delicious, I know omnivores that eat it.

Wahoo, I don't think you've quite grasped the meaning of the word hypocrisy - to claim that you don't eat animal products and then eat them in secret would be hypocrisy. To claim that you don't eat any animal products and then eat something that - well, isn't an animal product - that's not hypocrisy

Jasmine H - the questioner is asking about fake cheeses, not about tofu.
::|||no, because they aren't cheese.|||no|||i was wondering that too cuz im like a vegetarian but turning into vegan|||Its actually tofu, it doesn't taste or act like cheese (it won't melt easily) and although manufacturers try to get it to smell like cheese, it smells absolutely revolting.|||there are a few alternatives - i don't think they are too close to the real thing, but try the various kinds (Sheeze, Tofutti soft cheese, Cheezly, Rice slices, etc...) and see if you like any of them. personally i didn't like cheese to begin with, so I am happy not to eat the vegan cheese either!|||There's a new brand out called Sheese. It's made in Scotland, and it's just starting to be imported to the States, as far as I can tell. They offer about six different styles, and they're all 100% vegan. Most vegan cheeses I've had are horrible, but this one isn't too bad.

What's hypocritical about wanting to enjoy the flavor and texture of a food you used to like? If you can do it without causing any pain and suffering to an animal, what's the problem?|||Rice Slices are pretty good, and they melt.
Sheeze tastes really good, but is still hard to find.
You can make your own though- get a copy of "The Uncheese Cookbook." It has recipes for vegan versions of everything!|||Of course not.|||My but people can be rude and judgemental here!

I have just recently found "Follow your Heart" brand mozzarella flavor. It is not exactly like cheese, but it is not gross at all like many vegan cheeses are. It is good on its own, and very yummy melted. I put it on homemade pizza last week, and it was wonderful.

I am not vegan because I think cheese tastes bad, I have my own reasons. I don't think that other people are served by judging you for asking an honest question instead of answering.|||I personally have not tasted any that I can really get passed the different taste. Just have to get used to it I guess.|||not there is no such thing as vegan cheese there is a substitute product which is not cheese which is sold to those to stupid to understand the difference as cheese but cheese is created using a very specific process which includes the addition of rennet an animal enzyme ergo no way can you make cheese without it. If you buy vegan products or veggie products you are getting an untested and inferior product which may do you a great deal of harm.|||No sorry I've a vegan friend and vegan cheese isn't really good at all. One exception is cashiew cheese with pamintoes. Now that is great, tasting.|||i use almond cheese. it cooks a little differently than normal cheese, but i find the taste comparable. sometimes you just have to try a bunch of different kinds and see what's the closest for you! good luck!|||Hi,
there is the new Nu-Muh-Ch盲s from Vegusto in Switzerland. (http://www.veganversand.at/assets/s2dmai鈥?/a>
Awailable in Switzerland, Germany and I don't know where else.
Do you know the products of Hexerk眉che and Redwood? Redwood is from England, tastes good but is not organic.
Greetings, Vega|||Yeah, cheese|||I think that it is somewhat hypocritical that vegans want vegan bacon, vegan cheese, etc. Either you embrace the idea or forget it.

Edit I see there are at least 7 people who disagree with me. If you want to be vegan, so be it. But accept that you are giving up some flavors.|||No, and there would be no point. Try being an ova-lacto vegetarian, so you can eat real cheese.|||If you want to be vegan then don't eat cheese!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment