Tuesday, February 14, 2012

No, we bought soy cheese once and it had way different properties than dairy cheese. It still tasted fine, but it decidedly did not melt like normal dairy cheese.|||I wanna know what it's made out of because it can't be good!|||who cares its nasty.|||It doesn't melt as well as regular cheese, but it works.. On a cold sandwich you can not tell it from regular cheese.|||Not any I've tried... and they're not very tasty either.

One thing that I discovered today is that Tofutti better than cream cheese tastes like chedder cheese spread when you put in on a cracker.

My boyfriend's mother bought us some tofutti, and since there is not much to eat for me in my house lately [lack of funds], I've been snacking on that. And today I got the bright idea to spread in on a cracker. It's awesome and cholesterol free. A little expensive though...|||Not exactly. The best brand I've found is Vegan Gourmet. The mozzarella is pretty good if you want to make your own pizza! It will melt, but it won't spread out and all melt together in a gooey glob like dairy cheese will. You can't use it very well on things like nachos or things like that, but most things will be fine.|||Not exactly.|||The consistency is slightly different. While dairy cheese tends to have this distinct stringiness and is thicker, the vegan cheese I've had (Vegan Gourmet) is neither stringy nor thick. It does melt, and it's great on pastas and makes an awesome mac n' cheese. It falls short, however, on pizzas and other cheese-like dishes, imo.|||Not usually as well as dairy cheese, no.|||Some "Vegan" cheeses do better than others at melting.

BUT.. most of the ones that melt at all have "cassien" in them.. which is an animal product (a milk protien I believe) GO figure! Make a vegan cheese with a milk product in it! Sheesh.. they must just be cutting corners to make it taste better/melt better, thinking that no one will know what "Cassien" is.|||Vegan cheese is AWFUL. It does it's own thing. And melting like real cheese is not one of them. Neither is tasting like real cheese either . . .|||yes it should

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment