Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm a vegetarian finally taking the next step towards veganism. I tried several vegan cheeses a couple years ago and they were all CRAP. I did have some vegan cheeses recently at a pot-luck, and it sure made for a great lasagne. So, what brand name vegan cheeses are good? I just remember the veganrella mozarella alt-cheese stinkning up my home.please advise|||"Rice Slices" are good, and they melt. "Sheeze" is another good brand, but it's hard to find.

There is a cookbook called "The Uncheese Cookbook" by Jo Stepaniak that I could not live without. Good cheeses, spreads and sauces.|||You could also attempt to not try to find analogues to meat and animal based products. I know it makes the transition easier, but for me, it always made me think of going back to eating animal products.

Meat and cheese are addictive. I've found that having fake meats and cheese products around the house is like giving a recovering drug addict "fake crack." Sure, it's not drugs and is better for them, but it doesn't do anything to stop the addiction.|||Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet cheeses are GREAT! I swear by them and I use them on everything. And they MELT, unlike most vegan cheeses! I recommend it to everybody and everybody likes it, lol. I was a huuuuuge cheese lover before I went vegan, and finding this brand to be so delicious allowed me to eat pizza and quesadillas and lasanga again! Haha, here's their website with all the information about the brand. Hope this helped! :)

http://www.imearthkind.com/|||I would eat it sparingly and not try to find a vegan alternative that's going to become a staple in your diet. Even though it's vegan, it's still not good for you. At first when I went vegan I didn't eat much mock products but over the years it's increased heavily and I've noticed my health isn't as good as when I first went vegan.

For taste, that's really up to the individual. I have read rave reviews of some products, tried it, thought it was disgusting. I read bad reviews of some products, tried it, and loved it. I completely swore off all vegan cheese until at a vegan restaurant I ordered a pizza made with vegan gourmet cheese (already recommended by another user). It was so good that since then I buy it now and then to make pizza at home. My local stores do not carry all the Toffuti products but their cream cheese and ice cream rocks. Their sour cream is good in a cheesecake recipe I have.|||MINI-CHOL SOY CHEESE. Soft, very light, fruity, mild. Goes well with red wine. Comes in a block, slice it, grate it, melt it. I use it ALL the time. It's wonderful. I'm not a vegetarian but my partner is lactose intolerant that's why I use it. I don't miss the other cheeses. We have it here in Australia. It's so popular the supermarket is always running out of it. Perfect as a pizza topping.|||I'm a very picky eater and the only soy cheeses I like are:

Follow Your Heart:
http://www.followyourheart.com/cheese.ph鈥?/a>
Available at Whole Foods and other health food stores

Teese:
http://www.teesecheese.com/
Only available online and at certain restaurants.
Order here: http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreF鈥?/a>

Tofutti American-style:
http://www.tofutti.com/cheese-amer.shtml
I only like it melted, not plain. Available at health food stores, and some regular grocery stores might carry it.

Good luck!|||TOFUTTI is the best american sliced cheese brand (for sandwitches and things). It's the only kind I use, as I am a very picky vegan. You can hardly tell the difference.
It's also the only REAL vegan cheese I can find.
If you read the ingredients and there's casein or whey, it's not vegan.|||Have a look at Redwood's Cheezly range; they do Cheddars and Greek feta cheese as well as some melting cheeses - mozzarella, Gouda, Edam - that really melt.

It's the only brand of vegan cheese I've found that I like - I agree some of them are vile. Redwood is based in the UK, but there's a link to click on the home page if you live in the US or Australia

http://www.bazaarbuilder.com/cgi-bin/cb2鈥?/a>|||Another vote for Cheezly, its very very yummy!

Tofutti is okay - but better on sandwiches and the like - it gets really runny when its cooked.
Follow your heart isn't bad either but it doesn't melt as well as Cheezly.

I haven't tried Teese yet, but I've heard awesome things about it - so that might be worth a try as well.

Shreese is nice as well - but doesn't melt.|||Vegan Gourmet is also good on pizza and grated on taco salads, fajitas, etc. I like it better melted than not.

Is it out of this world good, no. But it will do the job just fine if you really have to have it.

http://www.imearthkind.com/|||i had rice mozzarella the other day on a pizza. it was very good.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment