Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I need help finding the best vegan cheese. I tried Follow Your Heart today, I almost threw up!!! What do you reccomend for a vegan cheese?

Thanks for the help :]|||Follow Your Heart is typically considered the best vegan cheese, and it's certainly not a replacement for real cheese. At this time, there isn't really a good vegan cheese that will satisfy true cheese lovers. FYH has an odd texture before melting. VeganRella isn't much better, and it's completely bland flavor-wise. I haven't tried Teese, but I don't have high hopes. Maybe I'll try it and be pleasantly surprised in the future.

I don't know if you ate FYH straight out of the package, or melted it. Any vegan cheese will be much better melted than in its initial, solid state. If you want a vegan cheese that you can cut a slice off to eat, you're basically out of luck. Follow Your Heart melts better than any other vegan cheese I've tried, especially shredded, and I like it. Both the cheddar and the mozzarella make a decent grilled cheese sandwich. I added Yves Fake Canadian Bacon to a grilled mozzarella sandwich, and it was really yummy. I have made successful nachos as well. The mozzarella is fine on a pizza, but it doesn't add much for me since I've always liked cheeseless pizza.

Another way to satisfy a cheese craving is nutritional yeast. It has a faintly cheesy flavor and supplies important nutrients like vitamin B12, which you probably know is one of the few things that can't be found in a plant food source. I like to shake it over spaghetti or on popcorn.

So, those are my suggestions for ways to get a little cheese fix. Sadly, there just isn't a product on the market that truly replicates a good cheese.|||If you can find it, Daiya is very good.

http://www.daiyafoods.com/|||I like to eat Cheezly from the Redwood brand, because it tastes good and it actually melts. But that can only be found in the UK. If you live in the States then there must be something else for you.|||Vegan cheeses are largely horrible. Follow Your Heart is at the top of most vegans' lists; I can't stand the stuff, though. Tofutti makes a passable sliced American substitute that I put on veggie burgers from time to time, but it's not much comfort as I've never been wild about American cheese to begin with.|||The best vegan cheese, by far, is Dr. Cow. It's nearly impossible to find, but you can order it from Pangea. http://www.veganstore.com/|||I like Galaxy, both slices and shreds. I may be the minority. I've never tried Follow Your Heart, but I've tried the Tofutti slices and was repulsed.

http://www.galaxyfoods.com/|||I assume you want the melty sort of cheese, in which case you're pretty much SOL as far as I know. Follow Your Heart does make an excellent cream cheese, though, under the label Vegan Gourmet -- I couldn't stand their mozzarella but I love this stuff to death. I hope that helps.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment