Monday, February 6, 2012

i just tried this one made by galaxy foods, and it was disgusting. I live in Regina, Canada, and we only have one health food store that I know of. Does anybody know some good brands of vegan cheese that taste good cold and melted, or any health food stores in Regina?|||I actually just tried one tonight. I don't remember the exact brand name but it had "Rice" in it, as it is a rice cheese. I ate a few shreds and thought it was pretty gross. Then I sprinkled some of my enchiladas and cooked it. It was actually pretty good! So my advice would be to add it to things and make sure it is a little melted.|||there is no cheese in it GROSS|||the "Veggie Slices" brand|||Vegan Gourmet mozzerella and monterrey jack are good used in dishes like enchiladas or pizzas. It's gross cold though.|||sick no|||I don't know if you have Redwoods products in Canada, their Cheezley 'cheeses' are good and their melting cheeses, while not melting in exactly the same way as dairy cheese, are an excellent substitute.

It's a British company, no idea if it's available anywhere else|||Sorry I have tried a few and they are nasty. I have really gotten into Tofu though - get a book at the library there are many ways to use it and it can pass for cheese in Lasagna, on pizza and even be served as a "cheese" dip. Since it is basically flavorless you just have to learn to season it and which firmness to use for what applications. Good Luck!|||It's terrible.|||wtf|||I will also openly admit that I find them disgusting. I have found it easier to make my own cheese to stand in recipes, I make my own ricotta from a recipe online using tofu, seasonings and lemon juice... it's sort of like making your own mayo or sour cream, there are recipes online for that as well. The ricotta doesn't taste quite right alone but you'd never tell once you put it into a lasagna or stuff pasta shells with it, especially paired with a tomato sauce.|||omg yeah i have tried vegan cheese. it is nasty.......

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment