Friday, February 3, 2012

I bought a big container of nutritional yeast so I could make vegan cheese sauce but every recipe I've tried tastes terrible! I don't want to waste the big container of yeast I bought because it was sort of pricey, so I need a recipe that tastes good.|||I don't know how to use yeast, but I will tell you how I make it.

Take 1 lb of your favorite kind of soy cheese...Whichever would suit your need. Cut it into tiny cubes with a knife and put it into a small saucepan on the stove. Poor about 4 tablespoons of regular soy milk into the pan.

Turn the burner on medium-high and stir the mixture constantly until all of the cheese is melted. Then turn the burner off. Let the mixture stand for 5-10 minutes. Then stir it again. A "skin" will form (I know that sounds gross, especially for a vegan). Just stir it in.

Then you can use it for whatever you need it for.

You can put it over boiled and drained pasta (1 lb)
You can use it for nachos|||Joanne Stepaniak has a book called "The Uncheese Cookbook." I'm not a cheese freak, so I haven't gotten it yet. You can also use nutritional yeast on your pasta or as a coating for tofu while you pan-fry it.

Check this recipe out: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=10755.鈥?/a>

I add the veggies at the end, though to make them crispier.|||There is no such recipe. By definition cheese is dairy therefore it cannot be vegan.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment