Friday, February 3, 2012

I am a vegetarian. Pretty close to being vegan. I usually drink soy milk and try not eating dairy more than once every few months(organic usually) I always look at the products for all those things like milk, egg and stuff. I mostly eat fruits, veggies, legumes and nuts. Is there actually any vegan cheese product out there. I was looking at a few soy cheeses but they still contain milk and dairy, especially casein. I am having trouble finding vegan cheese even at Kroger and HEB. Does anyone know of a vegan cheese product or where I might find one?|||Are the Kroger and HEB stores the smaller ones or are they the big type? The Galaxy and Follow your Heart products are in the distribution system for both those stores but you may need to ask a manager to add them to the order lists.

Do I assume correctly that you're in the Houston area? I'm basing that assumption on the overlap of Kroger/HEB stores. There's a few health food stores in the area that carry vegan foods and at least one 7th Day Adventist commissary that can help. I can also recommend sources for the entire state! Either edit your question or email me and I can tell you what's available in your area.

You can also email me or Mevlana for scads of home-made cheese replacements. The quality is MUCH better when you don't have to be concerned with a product not breaking down in shipping!|||Vegan cheeses are normally only available from wholefood or healthfood shops, and some branches of Sainsbury鈥檚. However, with the huge interest now being shown in animal-free foods, it shouldn't be long before we see them more widely available.|||Mookie's got it goin' right =) follow your heart does an awesome cheddar cheese that melts (not all stringy like regular cheese but more smooth and velvety) Can also be shredded for vegan tacos, salads..ect. If you don't know bout vegenaise either, its another one of there awesome products..best vegan mayo ive ever used and only one I use.

We find ours at sunflower market here in phoenix, but im sure its sold in many other health stores.|||the kroger in my town actually has a pretty good selection. does yours have an organic/health food section? (the one in mine is near the bakery) the one here has tofutti cheese slices, and several other kinds, though i dont remember if the others were vegan or not. anyway, check again, hopefully you just overlooked them!|||I am trying to head down the same path. I just bought Vegan mozzerella cheese by Galaxy Nutritional Foods. It's not too bad. I haven't checked if it melts well but have had it cold. It almost has an icy-crispness to it, and is not "creamy" at all. Another option is to make your own. Check Amazon (or your library) for vegetarian/vegan cookbooks.

If you are still going to drink organic, "happy" cow milk, you can consider making paneer. It's delicious. Good luck.|||check out happycow.net. it contains a list of restaurants and health food stores globally.

the brand "follow your heart" makes an awesome vegan cheese. try the nacho flavor on some elbow macaroni... it's really good! you can typically find it at your local health food store or you can purchase online at followyourheart.com.

you can also make 'cheese' at home. check out this link for a couple recipes:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=13859.鈥?/a>

best wishes!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment