Friday, February 17, 2012

Hi, I've been looking at vegan cheese recipes on youtube like this one for example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3FYduSF-鈥?/a>

and I noticed that many people uses cashews or cashews+pine nuts when they make their cheese.I prefer using sesame seeds instead of cashews but I don't know if it'll come out alright ? and I also wanted to know if I can get a block of cheese if I use flaxseed instead of agar like in the vid ? .My recipe is going to be something like this:

water [ maybe 1\2 cup]
flaxseed[ 2 tsp]
sesame seeds[ maybe 1\2 cup]
yeast flakes [maybe 2 tbs-3tbs]
salt [...1\4 tsp]
onigion power[...1\4 tsp]
turmeric powder for color[ maybe 1\4 tsp]
lemon juice[2 squirt]

I want to buy some of my ingrediants like yeast flakes on well.ca

thanks|||Sesame seeds would be good for making "sprinkle cheese" but probably not very good for making block cheese (due to the amount of skin). I do think tahini could be tasty in a cheese, though. I don't think the flaxseed would have the binding/gelling effect that you're looking for here. However, the above recipe would probably work nicely for a pate-spread type "cheese."|||It would make a great parmesan substitute. I made sesame parmesan a few nights ago for a parmesan-style eggplant dish. I blended 6 tbsp of sesame seeds with 1 tsp of salt in a food processor. It tasted so good and I preferred it over the store bought parmesan substitutes.
Also-if I were you I would check out "The uncheese cookbook" it has a lot of good ideas and a few block cheese recipes.|||No, because there's no such thing as "vegan cheese"|||I have made sesame milk. Without a juicer with a fine filter (which I have) the hulls would make it very gritty. You could probably use some kind of thickener or coagulant to make a block that could be sliced, but even with salt and acid added it would require suspension of disbelief to say it is very much like cheese.

I normally make cashew milk because there is no fiber that needs to be filtered out. 鈭犅?

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment