Thursday, February 9, 2012

Does anyone know of a vegan cheese that melts? Usually I make homemade cheese substitutes and I use that for macaroni and cheese, nachos, chili(vegetarian chili of coarse) cheese fries, cheese over veggies etc....I guess I'm looking for a mozzarella cheese substitute that melts, I've tried Vegan Gourmet, and that's not bad, I've also heard of Vegan-Rella, not sure if that melts and some others but it's always good to try vegan cheese substitues that are recomended by others. Thank you.|||em o is correct in her assessment but in my experience they're still inferior to the homemade subs<sigh>. They all just get too greasy too quickly. I'd kill<g> for a sub that could make halfway decent Pimento 'cheeze' and/or nacho 'cheeze'.|||cheezily! :)

Report Abuse

|||How about sharing your "cheese" recipes. We're vegan but my daughter is allergic to soy which REALLY limits us. Tofu is out. All of the commercial faux cheeses have soy as the main ingredient.

Report Abuse

|||Follow Your Heart cheese melts. They're available at most Whole Foods- try their website for more places (www.imearthkind.com). Also, if you're looking for slices Tofutti sliced cheese melts (but it has a very quick time period between melted and pure oil).|||velveetA|||I've tried quite a few vegan cheese brands, and most are only so-so at melting. Vegan Gourmet is good (but you've already tried that).

Another option is that Lactaid makes Lactaid (lactose-free) cheese slices and shredded cheese in some markets. If you can find this, and can tolerate real cheese (I am assuming that you are lactose-intolerant), then Lactaid shredded cheese melts really well since it's real cheese.

Good luck.|||isn't vegan and cheese an oximoron?|||Follow Your Heart brand melts on pizza and nachos and has trouble melting in grilled cheese. I'm not sure if they make a mozzerella flavor. Our vegan friends have good luck with it. I have only found it at Wholefoods Market. It is vegan.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment