Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What is the best vegan cheese to buy in the UK?
I've tried a couple, but they're awful! :(|||I've never had a store-bought vegan cheese I liked. Sheeze was alright, but tasted potato starch-y, and I never managed to finish a whole block before it expired.

I just make this raw vegan recipe now, it's more of a spreadable cheese but it's easy and tastes really good in sandwiches, on bagels, or in lettuce wraps:

2 c. raw cashews
Juice of 2 lemons (4 Tbsp)
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 c. water

Process cashews, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and salt until smooth, adding only as much water needed to make a smooth, creamy texture.|||IDK but nutritional yeast flakes taste better then any vegan cheese I've tried.|||(if you didn't already know this) Be careful! casein is a dairy product that is found in most "vegan" cheeses. There are very few actual vegan cheeses- and I haven't found a good one yet.|||Sorry, but they're all awful. The industry's notorious for it. What is salty and chewy and protein filled, yet still vegan? Vegan eggs aren't half bad with a little olive oil and salt. You could use that on a sandwich or as a side with some chopped peppers. And for that weird sulphuric tang from cheese, could try collar greens or cabbage. Often, when I was off dairy and craving some cheese, enough almond milk would do the trick for just about anything. Mostly, I'd say substitutes really stink and it's hard to make your body crave what it doesn't yet know, so branch out into new foods and hopefully you'll find lots of complimentary combinations that are satisfying and completely desirable.

I hope this will help in some way, if not the answer you were looking for. Good luck.|||Well, you should start by telling us which ones you've tried! How else are we going to recommend different ones?

Vegan Gourmet is the best one I've tried here in the states. Melts great, tastes great- you just gotta eat it in moderation like real cheese since it's high in fat. There is also one called "Teese" which is supposed to be delicious. Those are the 2 they use here in DC restaurants when you order vegan pizza :)
I'm not sure what they sell in the U.K. but if you simply do a Google search you should find reviews and information.|||Cheezley have a range of vegan cheeses - white chedder, mozzarella and edam, they're ok, I guess its one of those things which are not the easiest of things to convert to vegan. Try it, try everything you can :)|||It really depends what you are using it for As someone said vegan gourmet AKA follow your heart does melt great for something like pizza Also Sheese m(made in scotland) has a good smoked cheddar which my wife liked with crackers (I never liked cheddar)

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment