Friday, February 17, 2012

My dad says I need to find coupons for the vegan food I need because it is so expensive. From little things like soy milk or almond milk, vegan cheese, etc, to any other things I will need to remain vegan. Every website I find needs me to download something, which I am unable to do. Can anyone help me?|||LOL...Soy milk is only a dollar more a gallon that regular milk and canned beans/boxed rice are so cheap. You are going for prefab items that you absolutely don't need.

Canned beans
Boxed or bagged rice
Barley
Oats
Cereal
Peanut butter
Canned or frozen fruits and vegetables
Potatoes and Onions
Vegetable bullion cubes


I feed a family of 4 on 75.00 a week! If you need more help message me.|||I've never found vegan food to be expensive, but I don't eat the substitutes (milk, cheese, faux-meat, etc). If you eat whole foods, you don't really need to stress over coupons.

As for finding coupons: go to the manufacturer website and see if there's coupons there. retailmenot has coupons for stores, such as wholefoods: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/coupons/

You can make almond milk at home (buy almonds, grind them, add water, and blend). Almonds are much cheaper than buying the milk, and don't have the weird stuff they add to it nor sweetener (urgh, the sweetness....can't take it!)

Also, if you email the company in the "contact us" site, they may give you coupons: http://vegannomnoms.blogspot.com/2010/11…
Daiya doesn't have coupons, though.|||If there is a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Market near you they have things like soy, nut and grain milks, and even ice cream and veggie sausage under their own label that tend to be much cheaper than the name brand things. If any markets near you (especially health food stores and Food Co-ops) have bulk items, bulk tends to be cheaper. For things like tofu, soy milk, tempeh and coconut milk go to an Asian or ethnic store for better or cheaper prices.

Here is a cheap alternative to milk: Put a handful of raw, unsalted cashews in a blender with three times the water and blend on high speed for about 10 minutes or until completely smooth. Store in a sterile, tightly sealed glass bottle in the coldest part of the fridge.

I have a few recipes that you can use to make your own cheap stuff:
http://thefeasiblevegan.wordpress.com/|||Produce, beans and rice are cheap. Learn to cook.
Processed crap is not a requirement. I haven't eaten any in years.

火车采集器
  • pro comp
  • toronto
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment